Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How's this under $700 build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 20, 2014 10:14:05 AM

I already have a Corsair 650 power supply, OS, Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler, Monitor and Hard and Optical Drives



PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($206.84 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($66.19 @ Micro Center)
Total: $682.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-20 13:12 EDT-0400)

Any help lowering cost to put into better CPU/GPU would be appreciated.

More about : 700 build

March 20, 2014 10:18:04 AM

pretty good lookin
m
0
l

Best solution

March 20, 2014 10:18:31 AM

gtx 760, 8GB ram, z87 motherboard

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Total: $693.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-20 13:20 EDT-0400)
Share
Related resources
March 20, 2014 1:16:46 PM

lxgoldsmith said:
gtx 760, 8GB ram, z87 motherboard

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Total: $693.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-20 13:20 EDT-0400)


OK, one question why the 760 over the 760ti? I'm not gonna SLI (anytime soon) and the Ti has less power consumption I looked it up and that's basically all I could see as different, please let me know if I'm wrong. I agree with the RAM I'm just greedy like that lol
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 20, 2014 1:23:56 PM

CucoGordo said:
lxgoldsmith said:
gtx 760, 8GB ram, z87 motherboard

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Total: $693.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-20 13:20 EDT-0400)


OK, one question why the 760 over the 760ti? I'm not gonna SLI (anytime soon) and the Ti has less power consumption I looked it up and that's basically all I could see as different, please let me know if I'm wrong. I agree with the RAM I'm just greedy like that lol


The 760Ti is OEM only, which means you can't buy it off the self (it can only be found in prebuilt computers from companies like Acer, HP etc.)
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
March 20, 2014 1:24:25 PM

760 is better than the 750 ti in performance considerably.

760 remember, not the 750.
m
0
l
March 20, 2014 1:35:05 PM

AshyCFC said:
760 is better than the 750 ti in performance considerably.

760 remember, not the 750.



I feel stupid I didn't catch the number difference, thank you.
m
0
l
March 21, 2014 8:40:58 AM

lxgoldsmith said:
gtx 760, 8GB ram, z87 motherboard

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dfa2/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Total: $693.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-20 13:20 EDT-0400)


Just ordered everything you listed, thanks!!
m
0
l
!