Solved

$2500 Desktop Build Compatibility help

Well about 3 days ago I took the time to pick out the parts I want for a new gaming PC.
I was wandering if these Parts are compatible with each other:

RAM: Crosair Vengeance 16GB $170
Case: Silverstone Grania G105 $150
Motherboard: Msi A55M-E33 $50
CPU: AMD A6-6420K $75
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit x2 REFURBISHED* $940
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper N520 $45
PSU: Crosair CX750 $90
Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD $470
DVD-ROM: ASUS DRW 24B1ST $20
Monitor: Dell S2340M $150
Keyboard: Razer Deathstalker Ultimate $240
Mouse: Crosair Vengeance M65
Speakers: Logitech S120 $15
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 FREE *Already owned
---------------------------------------------------
The total came to $2465 :D
Please tell me if all the parts would be compatible with each other or any suggestions on the build.
P.S. Before Ratting me out on a Refurbished GPU, Please note it's from newegg, so I should be able to trust them. If you still think it's a bad idea, Post below.
Thanks everyone!
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 2500 desktop build compatibility
  1. Your CPU is way outmatched here.
    This build is a bit of a mess, what are you using it for exactly?
  2. Wow, you want an APU to try and run dual 780s on a $2,500 budget, while spending $300 on peripherals? This is one of the most unbalanced builds I've ever seen lol You're definitely going to want to start completely over on this.

    This would be MUCH, MUCH better, and still leaves you plenty of money for whatever you wanna spend on peripherals:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($306.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($98.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.49 @ Amazon)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($83.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($489.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($489.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VN248H 23.8" Monitor ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2161.37
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-20 17:48 EDT-0400)
  3. the worst idea i have ever seen
  4. PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($306.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.25 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($124.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VN248H 23.8" Monitor ($154.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2146.14

    This is a tweaked version of hitechs.

    Changed cooler to a cheaper, better performing one.

    Changed mobo to a cheaper one with 8 power phases still, saves money and you won't know the difference.

    Better RAM.

    Changed SSD to a good one for cheaper and changed back up HDD to a caviar blue.
  5. What was running through your mind when you created this build....? *facepalm*
  6. woltej1 said:
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($306.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.25 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($124.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VN248H 23.8" Monitor ($154.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2146.14

    This is a tweaked version of hitechs.

    Changed cooler to a cheaper, better performing one.

    Changed mobo to a cheaper one with 8 power phases still, saves money and you won't know the difference.

    Better RAM.

    Changed SSD to a good one for cheaper and changed back up HDD to a caviar blue.


    The D14 is not better than the H100i. It is a phenomenal air cooler, but is not better.

    I wouldn't go lower than Asrock's Fatal1ty board, they tend to skimp on their lower end boards.

    The SSD and HDD will perform similarly, Hitachi is a good brand, and the EVO is very well known.

    In the end, both are great builds, and infinitely better than his lol
  7. This is my first idea thanks everyone for feedback and ideas. I will choose one of your guy's builds.
    Also is there any way I can still have the same case? I really wanted this one since it's horizontal.
  8. henry_ said:
    This is my first idea thanks everyone for feedback and ideas. I will choose one of your guy's builds.
    Also is there any way I can still have the same case? I really wanted this one since it's horizontal.


    There is a way, just fork out more money... Your original build was much more expensive then the ones posted here.
  9. FractalDesignCore said:
    henry_ said:
    This is my first idea thanks everyone for feedback and ideas. I will choose one of your guy's builds.
    Also is there any way I can still have the same case? I really wanted this one since it's horizontal.


    There is a way, just fork out more money... Your original build was much more expensive then the ones posted here.


    But What I'm wandering is if I can put the hardware suggested here inside my case.
  10. Are you talking about this case: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=241&area=en

    They don't have a G105 that I can find.
  11. HiTechObsessed said:
    Are you talking about this case: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=241&area=en

    They don't have a G105 that I can find.


    Yes that one. I must have made a typo. Sorry.
  12. Best answer
    No problem, I figured that's all it was just wanted to be sure :) yes, the graphics cards will both fit in there just fine :) you would need to go with a low profile CPU cooler though, since it's not a very tall case. The Noctua L9 is a great low profile cooler. Everything would be compatible after that change :)
  13. Thanks Everyone for your help!
  14. HiTechObsessed said:
    woltej1 said:
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dpc5/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($306.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.25 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($124.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VN248H 23.8" Monitor ($154.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2146.14

    This is a tweaked version of hitechs.

    Changed cooler to a cheaper, better performing one.

    Changed mobo to a cheaper one with 8 power phases still, saves money and you won't know the difference.

    Better RAM.

    Changed SSD to a good one for cheaper and changed back up HDD to a caviar blue.


    The D14 is not better than the H100i. It is a phenomenal air cooler, but is not better.

    I wouldn't go lower than Asrock's Fatal1ty board, they tend to skimp on their lower end boards.

    The SSD and HDD will perform similarly, Hitachi is a good brand, and the EVO is very well known.

    In the end, both are great builds, and infinitely better than his lol


    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Noctua-NH-D14-CPU-Cooler-Review/Cooler-Comparison-Testing

    And how do they skimp on the extreme 3 exactly?
  15. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nepton-280l-tundra-td02-water3.0-pro-reserator3-max,3607-11.html

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6830/cpu-air-cooler-roundup-six-coolers-from-noctua-silverstone-and-cooler-master/4

    I trust Anand more than PCPerspective. And Asrock has been known to skimp on lower end boards. I wouldn't want to run that risk on a $2,500 build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming PC gaming Windows 7 RAM CPUs AMD Build Your Own Systems Motherboards Nvidia GPUs Do It Yourself Compatibility New Build