Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

dont know much about computer but im trying to find a decent gaming laptop that can play day z wit no hiccups

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Gaming
  • Computers
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
March 22, 2014 12:18:33 PM

dont know much about computers but im trying to find a decent gaming laptop that can play day z wit no hiccups for around $1100

More about : dont computer find decent gaming laptop play day wit hiccups

a b 4 Gaming
March 22, 2014 12:25:13 PM

Does it have to be a laptop?

Gaming on laptops is not ideal, you get awful performance for your money compared to desktop AND then you have heat issues.

I'll look for laptops though if you really can't go desktop.
m
0
l
March 22, 2014 12:30:09 PM

AshyCFC said:
Does it have to be a laptop?

Gaming on laptops is not ideal, you get awful performance for your money compared to desktop AND then you have heat issues.

I'll look for laptops though if you really can't go desktop.


i would like a laptop but a desktop can work too i have looked myself but dnt know what im looking at i would like window 7 too if can b
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
March 22, 2014 12:56:45 PM

Are you looking for a prebuilt system or willing to build yourself/pay a local part store?

There's a benefit of building yourself in that you know exactly each and every part that's in the computer and what it is(prebuilt systems often don't specify what motherboard is used and what power supply or if they do, use poor quality ones) and you often get longer warranty on your parts.

Once you've answered these basic questions it'll be quite easy and if you choose build yourself I'll post some guides and if you want a buy the parts yourself and have a local store put it together I'll leave $100-150 out of the budget so you have enough to pay safely whatever they'll charge (probably $100)
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
March 22, 2014 1:00:31 PM

DayZ is virtually unplayable in it's current state. Wait for the game to be done before you start trying to buy a PC for it.
m
0
l
March 22, 2014 1:05:18 PM

AshyCFC said:
Are you looking for a prebuilt system or willing to build yourself/pay a local part store?

There's a benefit of building yourself in that you know exactly each and every part that's in the computer and what it is(prebuilt systems often don't specify what motherboard is used and what power supply or if they do, use poor quality ones) and you often get longer warranty on your parts.

Once you've answered these basic questions it'll be quite easy and if you choose build yourself I'll post some guides and if you want a buy the parts yourself and have a local store put it together I'll leave $100-150 out of the budget so you have enough to pay safely whatever they'll charge (probably $100)


idk i can try buildin myself one but i wouldnt really know what to do and i do understand that dayz is still in alpha
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
March 22, 2014 1:21:21 PM

I'll go with the $950 + $150 to pay a local store(they may well charge less)

It'll get you a nice spec, nicer than a $1100 laptop atleast, also here's a guide for the building of a PC: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/274745-31-step-step...

This build for paying local store:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($244.68 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($319.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $961.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-22 16:14 EDT-0400)

I'll talk you through each part in brief.

Processor > Very quick processor that can easily handle DayZ but cannot overclock and has no integrated graphics(you don't need those to game, some people just like to overclock and the integrated graphics is cancelled by the GTX 770)

Motherbord > Basic but can handle your needs perfect.

RAM > 8GB 1600mhz basically the standard gaming RAM

HDD > 1TB Hard disk drive, standard stuff on a modern PC.

Case > Quality case for the price

Power Supply > Good quality and enough for your system

CD drive > Standard

OS > Windows 7 as requested

Here's the do it yourself build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($244.68 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($489.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1131.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-22 16:18 EDT-0400)

$30 over but the main difference is the Graphics card.

Here's some benchmarks: GTX 770 VS 780: http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1037?vs=1036
Share
March 22, 2014 2:58:27 PM

AshyCFC said:
I'll go with the $950 + $150 to pay a local store(they may well charge less)

It'll get you a nice spec, nicer than a $1100 laptop atleast, also here's a guide for the building of a PC: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/274745-31-step-step...

This build for paying local store:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($244.68 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($319.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $961.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-22 16:14 EDT-0400)

I'll talk you through each part in brief.

Processor > Very quick processor that can easily handle DayZ but cannot overclock and has no integrated graphics(you don't need those to game, some people just like to overclock and the integrated graphics is cancelled by the GTX 770)

Motherbord > Basic but can handle your needs perfect.

RAM > 8GB 1600mhz basically the standard gaming RAM

HDD > 1TB Hard disk drive, standard stuff on a modern PC.

Case > Quality case for the price

Power Supply > Good quality and enough for your system

CD drive > Standard

OS > Windows 7 as requested

Here's the do it yourself build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($244.68 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($489.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1131.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-22 16:18 EDT-0400)

$30 over but the main difference is the Graphics card.

Here's some benchmarks: GTX 770 VS 780: http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1037?vs=1036


so if i build my own itll b 3 times better then any shop that i can buy one if thanks might have to build one ill keep posted if i need help wit the build
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 22, 2014 10:58:42 PM

Dale Denton said:
AshyCFC said:
I'll go with the $950 + $150 to pay a local store(they may well charge less)

It'll get you a nice spec, nicer than a $1100 laptop atleast, also here's a guide for the building of a PC: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/274745-31-step-step...

This build for paying local store:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($244.68 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($319.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $961.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-22 16:14 EDT-0400)

I'll talk you through each part in brief.

Processor > Very quick processor that can easily handle DayZ but cannot overclock and has no integrated graphics(you don't need those to game, some people just like to overclock and the integrated graphics is cancelled by the GTX 770)

Motherbord > Basic but can handle your needs perfect.

RAM > 8GB 1600mhz basically the standard gaming RAM

HDD > 1TB Hard disk drive, standard stuff on a modern PC.

Case > Quality case for the price

Power Supply > Good quality and enough for your system

CD drive > Standard

OS > Windows 7 as requested

Here's the do it yourself build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($244.68 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($489.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1131.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-22 16:18 EDT-0400)

$30 over but the main difference is the Graphics card.

Here's some benchmarks: GTX 770 VS 780: http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1037?vs=1036


so if i build my own itll b 3 times better then any shop that i can buy one if thanks might have to build one ill keep posted if i need help wit the build


Definitely! Building your own computer = CHEAP and easily UPGRADEABLE. You can watch videos on YouTube if you're stuck or need to learn how.
m
0
l
!