Solved

How to install windows 7 on brand new computer?

I have windows 7 in my optical drive and the only options I get are

Press f2 or del to run uefi setup
Press f6 for instant flash
Press f11 for boot menu
Press tab to switch screen

I thought it was boot menu I was supposed to go to and if I go there the two options I get are-

AHCI P1: Samsung ssd 840 evo 12
AHCI p3: ST1000DM003-1CH162

Overall I don't know where to go or how to get this windows 7 disc in my optical drive to run. Anyone know? Thank you!
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about install windows brand computer
  1. I also get this screen if I choose nothing -reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
  2. press delete to go into bios.

    in the bios you should have a boot sequence change the top one to your dvd drive, exit the bios saving changes and it should restart and boot straight from the disk
  3. jwall5352 said:
    I have windows 7 in my optical drive and the only options I get are

    Press f2 or del to run uefi setup
    Press f6 for instant flash
    Press f11 for boot menu
    Press tab to switch screen

    I thought it was boot menu I was supposed to go to and if I go there the two options I get are-

    AHCI P1: Samsung ssd 840 evo 12
    AHCI p3: ST1000DM003-1CH162

    Overall I don't know where to go or how to get this windows 7 disc in my optical drive to run. Anyone know? Thank you!


    Keep the disk in. Reboot your computer. Press F2 when you see the message you were just mentioning. Then go to the boot menu in the BIOS using the arrow and enter keys. There you should find something about boot device order. Move your optical drive to the #1 spot. Then there should be a save and exit tab. Select that. The system should reboot. Then, something like "press any key to boot from CD should appear. Press a key. Windows should then load files. Select the install language, then install onto your HDD or SSD.
  4. reset the pc and keep tapping delete, having said that i think the uefi setup is your bios to be honest, try what i siad 1st then try running uefi setup if u have no look there
  5. Is my optical drive the st1000dm03 thing? That and the sad are the only 2 options in the boot menu
  6. I switched them around and it is the same thing. Nothing happening :/
  7. jwall5352 said:
    I switched them around and it is the same thing. Nothing happening :/


    Hmmmmm.... Are they SATA devices? If they are, it should say SATA instead of AHCI.
  8. Yes they are connected via sata cables.
  9. jwall5352 said:
    Yes they are connected via sata cables.


    Hmmm.......
  10. jwall5352.

    Disable Secure Boot.Imp.Than Repeat all steps which discussed before.A option may be there.I saw it in a samsung Laptop..
    Hope it will help
  11. My buddy said both of those options are my hard drives and that the optical drive isn't even showing up. What could cause that?
  12. jwall5352 said:
    My buddy said both of those options are my hard drives and that the optical drive isn't even showing up. What could cause that?


    1st select the order of ur drive from your optical drive .Than only You cam select your cd/dvd drive as ur 1st priority order
  13. id maybe only have the dvd drive and the ssd drive connected aswell thats if you want windows on this drive?, the other drive can be connected later after you've installed windows!
  14. I switched the port that the sata cable was connected to on the motherboard and it showed up. Is it possible to have a dead port on a motherboard?
  15. i guess it is yeah but not usual, but yeah thats why i said before to try swapping the ports around
  16. i would just leave it as two drives connected just it will make it alot easier for u and less confusing for when you come to installing windows and selecting the partitions as you will just have the one there to select
  17. Best answer
    To test:
    1. Disconnect ALL drives except the optical drive
    2. See if it boots and brings you to a Windows install. (you can't install, but this is just to see if it boots from that)
    3. Power down, connect only the drive you want the OS to be on. Try the install
Ask a new question

Read More

Go Windows 7 Computers Optical Media