$1500 Mini ITX Build

G

Hello all, I want to build a Mini ITX Gaming/Video Editing PC for $1500 or under. I need EVERTHING INCLUDING MONITOR, MOUSE, KEYBOARD, AND OS, so please include everything in the build. Thank you.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)
December 2014 or January 2015

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping
$1500 or under

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)
Gaming, video editing, photoshop, streaming, and web surfing

Are you buying a monitor: Yes / No
Yes, include in build please.

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**
Starting from scratch.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes / No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.
Yes, include in build please.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)
Does not matter but if I had to choose I would choose newegg.com or amazon.com

Location: City, State/Region, Country - we need to know where these parts are being assembled and whether there are good store-only deals available
Escondido, California, USA

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)
Whichever is better but I would say Intel CPU

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe
Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe
No

Your Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200 or if you're upgrading please state what you'd want to get)
I don't have a monitor.

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC. Please also list specific software or games you're using)
LED fans or lights up? Mini ITX that can run Titanfall, LoL, DOTA 2, BF4 at high settings.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: (e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)
Laptop sucks/overheats.

Thank you!

Solution
you can start from here
i5 OC
gtx 770
240GB enough for storing game files

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.25 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video...

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Mini ITX

AMD 760K Richland 3.8GHz Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor AD760KWOHLBOX

GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 FTW w/ ACX Cooling Video Card

HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX16C9B1RK2/8X

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Cooler Master V8 GTS - High Performance CPU Cooler with Horizontal Vapor Chamber and 8 Heatpipes

BitFenix Spectre LED Red 230mm Case Fan

2x COUGAR CF-V12HB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan (Black)

BitFenix Prodigy Midnight Black / Black Steel / Plastic Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case

ASUS Designo Series MX299Q 29" 5ms (GTG) (Ultra Wide)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM

Razer Naga Hex MOBA PC Gaming Mouse - Red

Corsair Vengeance K60 Black/Metal USB Wired Gaming Performance, FPS Mechanical Keyboard

You could save quite a bit if you get a normal mouse and keyboard, maybe drop 50 more dollars for a nice terabyte HDD. Otherwise the above listed comes to $1530. The only I didnt include is a PSU, since I have a CX430 Corsair sitting around. If you want an Intel you will drop an extra 70 to 80 dollars but without HyperThreading (cant get on ITX systems) whats the point for 3.2GHz less for $70 more out of pocket.

you can start from here
i5 OC
gtx 770
240GB enough for storing game files

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.25 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($329.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VH238H 23.0" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($36.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1337.12
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-22 23:52 EDT-0400)

Solution
G

How do I make the SSD just for storing game files? How do I program the build so that the HDD is where to install everything except the game files?

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
You can't reprogram windows to do that, you would have to tell the programs where to install yourself, it's what every SSD user does or should do to improve lifespan. But also note once you go SSD you won't go back.

G

Also:
"Compatibility Notes
In order to fit, the Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card may require removing drive bays from the BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case. The case only supports video cards up to 177mm in length without removing drive bays, while the video card is 271mm long.
Unable to verify BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case has sufficient mounting depth to support the Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm radiator.
(Flag compatibility notes as incorrect.)" is that a problem?

G

What I meant was when you first boot it up how do I plug the SSD or just the HDD first so that all the Windows 7 stuff goes on to the HDD instead of the SSD so that SSD is just for game files.

let me explain, ppl with small ssd (120GB) will install OS in the ssd, but only 60GB left for game files. it force you to install game files in HDD after your ssd is full. with large 240GB ssd, you dont have those limitation. after OS files, 180GB++ is enough for several games instalation

G

Im new to computer and stuff.. just beginning PC gaming so I don't know much so I am sorry if I ask a lot of questions.
Anyways, if I am just using the SSD then what is the HDD for if I am not really gonna download that many games..?

G

Also:
"Compatibility Notes
In order to fit, the Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card may require removing drive bays from the BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case. The case only supports video cards up to 177mm in length without removing drive bays, while the video card is 271mm long.
Unable to verify BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case has sufficient mounting depth to support the Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm radiator.
(Flag compatibility notes as incorrect.)" is that a problem?

hdd is for storing your personal files, hd movies, etc. no one here relies only on ssd :)

btw yes, the card is too long, so that some hdd bays portion should be removed from the case, it is common.
you need to put 5-6 HDD, right

hdd is for storing your personal files, hd movies, etc. no one here relies only on ssd :)

btw yes, the card is too long, so that some hdd bays portion should be removed from the case, it is common.
you dont want to put 5-6 HDD, right

G

What if I put the OS files on HDD and game files on SDD? OH and so I just take out the HDD trays for it to fit?

G

I see thank you for all the help!