Solved

0xf4 and kernel data inpage error BSOD

I built a new computer about 2 months ago. Everything was running fine until i had a bsod(kernel data inpage error) like a month ago. I didnt think it was important at the time and didnt get any more for like a week or so and i had another bsod and that kept happening every week or two. Until now. Now i get blue screens every day and i dont know the problem. Didnt change anything but they kept getting more and more frequent.
dumpfiles
25 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 0xf4 kernel data inpage error bsod
  1. To find out the cause I need you to copy the dump files onto the desktop. Compress them into a .zip archive then upload them to a website like www.mediafire.com then post the link.
  2. l already posted the dumpfiles at the end
  3. RAM seems like the most likely cause of error. Can you please run Memtest86 for at least 8 passes.

    *******************************************************************************
    * *
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    * *
    *******************************************************************************

    Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

    BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc4000c800, ffffffffc000000e, 1f8b8f860, fffff88001900ba0}

    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
    GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030ff278
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption

    Followup: memory_corruption
    ---------

    2: kd> !analyze -v
    *******************************************************************************
    * *
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    * *
    *******************************************************************************

    KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
    The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
    a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error.
  4. TheMooMooTV said:
    To find out the cause I need you to copy the dump files onto the desktop. Compress them into a .zip archive then upload them to a website like www.mediafire.com then post the link.


    I did 4 passes and got 3 errors. Does that mean i should change my rams or can i fix it without replacing?
  5. Best answer
    Well that's good news in a way because now we know that RAM is the cause. I would first move the RAM around the slots to determine whether it's RAM or your motherboard slots which are at fault.
  6. TheMooMooTV said:
    Well that's good news in a way because now we know that RAM is the cause. I would first move the RAM around the slots to determine whether it's RAM or your motherboard slots which are at fault.


    I moved RAMs to black slots and no bsod so far. I will run memtest again to see if it is completely fixed. It seems like it is fixed. Thanks a lot for all your help
  7. It's alright. Any more problems let me know.
  8. It started to happen again. Everything was fine for 2 days. I am really frustrated. Should i change my RAMs?
  9. Try moving the RAM sticks around the motherboard to see if the RAM is the issue or faulty DIMM slots. Also, upload any dump files you get.
  10. http://www.speedyshare.com/KPY3W/dump2.rar These are the dump files from today. Blue screen happened twice other times pc just froze and i had to shut it myself. I think i tried every possible ram combination between slots.
  11. Right, we might need to enable Driver Verifier again.
  12. TheMooMooTV said:
    Right, we might need to enable Driver Verifier again.


    I looked up some guides on internet. After setting driver verifier and restarting, my computer couldnt boot up. I got 0xC9 blue screen several times and i used a restore point to start the computer. What should i do know?
  13. Did you make sure you didn't enable any from MS, Unknown or Macrovivion? If so then you should go onto start, type msconfig, then under startup disable all of the programs except for your AV.
    Then try Driver Verifier again.
  14. TheMooMooTV said:
    Did you make sure you didn't enable any from MS, Unknown or Macrovivion? If so then you should go onto start, type msconfig, then under startup disable all of the programs except for your AV.
    Then try Driver Verifier again.


    I only selected microsoft drivers if that is what you are asking.
  15. It says not to select the microsoft drivers. all drivers except for microsoft, Unknown or macrovision
  16. Oh, i totally misread that then. I tried with all but microsoft drivers now ,however the outcome was same i got the 0xc9 blue screen and had to use system recovery.
  17. Enable driver verifier again after these instructions. This fixes the BSOD on start up a lot of the time.

    1. Open the Start Menu.
    2. In the search line, type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. If prompted, click on Continue for the UAC prompt, or type in the administrator's password.
    4. Click on the Startup tab.
    5. disable all programs that are unnecessary. DON'T DISABLE YOUR ANTI VIRUS.
  18. TheMooMooTV said:
    Enable driver verifier again after these instructions. This fixes the BSOD on start up a lot of the time.

    1. Open the Start Menu.
    2. In the search line, type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. If prompted, click on Continue for the UAC prompt, or type in the administrator's password.
    4. Click on the Startup tab.
    5. disable all programs that are unnecessary. DON'T DISABLE YOUR ANTI VIRUS.


    I dont know what is still wrong. I did exactly what you said but i got same blue screen again.
  19. So whenever you enable Driver Verifier you can't login at all? even in safe mode?
  20. TheMooMooTV said:
    So whenever you enable Driver Verifier you can't login at all? even in safe mode?

    Oh, i just tried with safe mode and i could start my computer. What should i do now?
  21. When you go into safe mode, go to the directory where your dump files are located.
    (C:/Windows/Minidump) and then upload the latest ones created by driver verifier. I'll then take a look.
  22. I checked minidump file after starting with verifier but there was no new dump file. Only old ones. http://speedy.sh/Py4Hv/040214-9001-01.dmp. Here they are if you are interested.
    Btw i want to thank you for all your help i dont know what would i do without your help
  23. Can you try again with driver verifier.
  24. Should i use in safe mode a bit to get dump files or do dump files created when i start the computer?
  25. Just the latest dump files.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Blue Screen Computers