Solved

BSOD Code D1

Hey folks, I've recently been getting BSODs pretty much every day on a newly-built Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate PC that's barely a week old. They even appear when I put the PC to sleep for the night. I simply wake up and see that there's a BSOD on the screen (although how it wakes up from sleep by itself is beyond me; wake-from-LAN is disabled).

Here's the message that I get when I restart and I've also included a link to the .DMP file that the message provides, for those who have any experience analyzing these files for the culprit. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to this.

Specs:

- ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ Motherboard
- AMD A4-6320 Processor
- G.SKILL NS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 1333
- Corsair CX430M PSU
- Kingston 120GB V300 SSD
- Western Digital WD20EARS 2TB HDD

http://imgur.com/a/3VCW3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6349370/032414-7472-01.dmp
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bsod code
  1. Download and run MemTest86+ for a few hours. Most of those type of BSODs are caused by memory issues.
  2. use this it will read the minidump in plain text http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed report result back .
  3. make sure the bios on the mb up todate and check that xmp or amd version of it is on and the ram set to the right speed.
  4. scout_03 said:
    use this it will read the minidump in plain text http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed report result back .


    Here's what it says:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9uc19ndi5x3ffv/Screenshot%202014-03-24%2014.39.37.png
  5. Best answer
    you need to check the network chipset driver you may need to upgrade them from the gigabyte site for your motherboard .
  6. scout_03 said:
    you need to check the network chipset driver you may need to upgrade them from the gigabyte site for your motherboard .


    Alright, I re-installed the drivers using the latest drivers that the website had. I then went into Device Manager to see if all was good, and the drivers show up as expected, but then there's another section "Other devices" with "Network controller" inside of it with a yellow exclamation mark. Not sure what that's all about, but I remember it being there before I reinstalled the drivers. Here's what it shows me:

    http://i.imgur.com/6zNpntH.jpg
  7. could you connect to the net with this system .
  8. scout_03 said:
    could you connect to the net with this system .


    Yeah, when I uninstalled the drivers I couldn't connect (obviously), but once I reinstalled, I was able to connect just fine, and I can even access the PC over the network.
  9. The other device is your wireless network adapter.
  10. ok we willl use this link and install the plug in ma cofig it will detect the missing driver and link you to the maker http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=touslesdrivers.com&act=url this all free .
  11. Anonymous said:
    The other device is your wireless network adapter.


    That would make sense, and I completely forgot about the WiFi capability on this motherboard. I don't use wireless, so I'm assuming it'll be okay if I just don't install the wireless drivers?
  12. Cra1g said:
    Anonymous said:
    The other device is your wireless network adapter.


    That would make sense, and I completely forgot about the WiFi capability on this motherboard. I don't use wireless, so I'm assuming it'll be okay if I just don't install the wireless drivers?


    It shouldn't cause a problem other than you not being able to use it if needed. I would install the driver anyway and disable the device if not in use.
  13. So I updated the LAN drivers since that's what was causing the issue, but I'm still getting the same BSODs...
  14. since you update the network driver what is the report from whocrashed give on the last bsod .
  15. scout_03 said:
    since you update the network driver what is the report from whcrashed give on the last bsod .


    The .dmp file still says that the network driver is at fault..
  16. i suggest you also install the wireless and bluethooth driver and see if it is bsod again http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X-ITX+/index.fr.asp?cat=Download&os=Win764
  17. scout_03 said:
    i suggest you also install the wireless and bluethooth driver and see if it is bsod again http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X-ITX+/index.fr.asp?cat=Download&os=Win764


    That was going to be my next course of action, since the wireless and Bluetooth drivers are under the same Qualcomm Atheros name. I installed them, so we'll see how my computer holds up over the next couple of days..
  18. Still getting BSODs, and it says it's still the "PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller."
  19. pci-e this means you have a network card that is on a pci slot this is the one who need to have driver update since the onboard one is a atheros .
  20. scout_03 said:
    pci-e this means you have a network card that is on a pci slot this is the one who need to have driver update since the onboard one is a atheros .


    I only have on-board ethernet (on the motherboard).
  21. retry to install the atheros lan driver also check in the bios how the lan chipset is detected .
  22. scout_03 said:
    retry to install the atheros lan driver also check in the bios how the lan chipset is detected .


    I already tried to re-install the drivers earlier and that didn't help. I'll check out the BIOS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Blue Screen