Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

PC build 900euros/1,200$/750pounds - help needed - beginner

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
Share
March 24, 2014 2:37:43 PM

Hi,

I have been playing games a lot recently and was looking to invest my money in a good/worth the price custom built pc as it seems to be better doing and funner. Also this means the possibility of customization and removal of certain parts in the future. I am not very experienced in this sector and require assistance and suggestions. I have about 900euro/ $1,200/750pounds to spend. I do not mind whether it slightly exceeds my money limit, I am looking for the best build I can get with that money NOT including any monitors/peripherals .etc. I have looked at PCPartPicker and do not have much of a clue where to start, I've looked at videos and have the general idea of what I need - I would prefer Nvidia over ASD. Whatever suggestions and must haves will be a great help! I am not sure what the average price for each component should be and how to balance everything out. Not to forget, I do little work, only microsoft word .etc. I will also be watching bluray films, at the moment I have a DVD drive to use and plan to buy a bluray drive in the future, I don't mind whether it is included in the overall build for the moment. At the moment I play Rust, DayZ, Metro, Bioshock, Borderlands, Skyrim and a whole list of similar games quite similar. I will also be looking to keeping this for 2 years or more and be playing games such Titanfall and possibly other mainstream games.
March 24, 2014 2:50:58 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£137.03 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£54.37 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.75 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£52.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (£237.98 @ Aria PC)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£38.65 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£52.96 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer (£14.89 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£69.96 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £759.56
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-24 21:50 GMT+0000)
m
0
l
Related resources
March 24, 2014 3:13:03 PM

i like psychogaminglemon's build but dont get an h100i. instead get a small air cooler, or a cheaper water cooled solution. spend the extra money on a better gpu or something. i believe filippi's build may perform a bit better, due to a better cpu and the gpu is about the same, but doesnt give you the chance to overclock
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 3:28:17 PM

now that build looks good. one last thing, i heard the corsair rm series arent the best, but im pretty sure that was just the 650W+. i think the 550W is on tier 2 for the eggperts psu list or something, i'll edit this with a link to the list

UPDATE: eggXpert: heres the list - tier 2 for the 550W rm series

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

m
0
l
March 24, 2014 3:35:42 PM

that build looks very good, the 780 will beat the 770 by a good margin. the mobo has wifi, and the case looks good and has good cooling for a mini itx
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 3:37:24 PM

PsychoGamingLemon said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fLT7
Very powerful build, can be overclocked/


jshoop said:
now that build looks good. one last thing, i heard the corsair rm series arent the best, but im pretty sure that was just the 650W+. i think the 550W is on tier 2 for the eggperts psu list or something, i'll edit this with a link to the list

UPDATE: eggXpert: heres the list - tier 2 for the 550W rm series

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx



Thanks a tonne for help! As I'm a beginner what does overclock mean? Also which was the final build I should be looking at recommended by you guys :) 
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 3:42:13 PM

To make the Processor faster, for example that CPU runs at 4 Ghz so it can be overclocked to 4.5 Ghz or what ever you want within reason.
Look at this one:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fNhQ
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 3:44:56 PM

PsychoGamingLemon said:
To make the Processor faster, for example that CPU runs at 4 Ghz so it can be overclocked to 4.5 Ghz or what ever you want within reason.
Look at this one:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fNhQ


Sounds great! What in your opinion is better or does it depend on the build, AMD or Nvidia, I was recommended Nvidia.
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 3:45:45 PM

Psycho's build has got some power and is pretty nice, especially the mini itx form factor with the 780. But I feel like the cpu power will be a bit lacking in a year or 2. Since he is probably only doing single screen 1080p wouldn't it be better for him to go with an i5 & gtx 770?

Personally I would go with fillipi's build but would change out the power supply to this one:
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£59.35 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £59.35
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 3:48:43 PM

you shouldnt worry about overclocking. i would go with ppsychogaminglemon's build, its small, it has a 780 instead of a 770, and the only downside is the processor will lack in heavy cpu games, but it will hold its own for most games. you should be able to run ultra with either build. if you want to be able upgrade in the future i would go with the other build, with the i5. theres not much upgrading you can do, or overclocking, on a mini itx build
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 3:58:09 PM

jshoop said:
you shouldnt worry about overclocking. i would go with ppsychogaminglemon's build, its small, it has a 780 instead of a 770, and the only downside is the processor will lack in heavy cpu games, but it will hold its own for most games. you should be able to run ultra with either build. if you want to be able upgrade in the future i would go with the other build, with the i5. theres not much upgrading you can do, or overclocking, on a mini itx build


What are you referring to when say 780/770 sorry I'm still getting a hang of the basics :p  I do hope in the future when I get more knowledge after owning this build I can upgrade my pc with ease. I don't see the benefits of overclocking or the difficulty, is it hard or easy/worth it? With the money I have I'm looking for something I can set up which is a good quality and worth the money so at least mid quality or more where it runs my current games well and future games over the next 2-3 years. Does psychogaminglemon's build have a water cooler? Is AMD better or Nvidia, also why is psychogaminglemon's build small or at least it looks small/compact but different to most pc build's I've seen out there.
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 4:07:37 PM

amd vs nvidia is personal preference, amd is usually more budget oriented but uses more power and produces more heat. nvidia is cooler but more expensive. psychogaminglemons' build i recommend doesnt have a water cooler, it has the noctua air cooler. as for the 770 vs 780, those are nvidia graphics cards. the 780 is better tha the 770, by quite a margin. however, both will run ultra. if you choose psychogaminglemon's build, the only way to upgrade the processor to a better one is buy a new motherboard and cpu. with fillipi's, you can stick a better processor in it. However, you will sacrifice size and some graphics power with filipi's build. Overall, its up to you which one you like better, both will give you ultra in most, if not all games, at atleast 30fps (probably 60 for most games, crysis 3 is a little sketchy)

fillipi:
upgradable, will run ultra in most games, great processor, probably lower temperatures, large

psychogaminglemon:
small, ultra in most games, not as upgradable, one of the best gpu's today

anyone else feel free to add on some pros/cons to help the op decide, these are just a few off the top of my head
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 4:26:56 PM

jshoop said:
amd vs nvidia is personal preference, amd is usually more budget oriented but uses more power and produces more heat. nvidia is cooler but more expensive. psychogaminglemons' build i recommend doesnt have a water cooler, it has the noctua air cooler. as for the 770 vs 780, those are nvidia graphics cards. the 780 is better tha the 770, by quite a margin. however, both will run ultra. if you choose psychogaminglemon's build, the only way to upgrade the processor to a better one is buy a new motherboard and cpu. with fillipi's, you can stick a better processor in it. However, you will sacrifice size and some graphics power with filipi's build. Overall, its up to you which one you like better, both will give you ultra in most, if not all games, at atleast 30fps (probably 60 for most games, crysis 3 is a little sketchy)

fillipi:
upgradable, will run ultra in most games, great processor, probably lower temperatures, large

psychogaminglemon:
small, ultra in most games, not as upgradable, one of the best gpu's today

anyone else feel free to add on some pros/cons to help the op decide, these are just a few off the top of my head


You have been a great help thank you so much! So neither builds are water cooled, both are air cooled? As I am looking at the images for the corsair 250D mini itx and it in fact has water cooling also seen in a youtube video. I am leaning towards psychogaminglemon's build as the size looks neat and tidy, also good gpu, although you mentioned AMD produces more heat therefore would the noctua be adequate? Or is the entire build perfect as it is? Seeming as the corsair is quite small I assume it would need to be well ventilated and I see there is an area to add another 2 fans on the right side no? Those are extras I would have to invest in later on are they included? Also lastly, I like to colour things up, because your helpful and knowledgeable, are there led fans or led lights you buy for pc's? If so what should I look if it is possible to install them on psychogaminglemon's build.
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 4:34:31 PM

if you want to color things up, i suggest getting a windowed case, instead of a mini itx case. you cant look inside a mini itx case, so all the colors would be wasted. you can buy colorful fans and led strips to make your pc look awesome, but a larger case would be needed to see inside and admire the beauty.

for the coolers: the cases are just cases. there are water cooling systems and kits to cool the components. both cases support water cooling. noctua is a very good brand, and the processor doesnt produce as much heat as some of their other processors. you should be fine with cooling. maybe add a fan to the corsair case. i believe one or two fans come with the corsair case, which should be enough.

fans come with the processors, but they arent very quiet, and cool the cpu just enough. an aftermarket fan is much queiter and cools better.
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 4:36:24 PM

nevermind, with the corsair case there is a window on top so you can look into the case. the case comes with 2 fans, which will be enough for your system
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 4:43:44 PM

jshoop said:
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-250d-mini-...

take a look at these pictures, i think the case looks awesome, especially if you throw some good color schemes in there


The case does in fact look very nice :)  to buy some led coloured fans and led strips do I simply look on amazon or should I be careful what I buy in case it's cheap and affects the systems ventilation?
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 4:47:07 PM

im pretty sure any led strip will be fine, just make sure they arent massivly huge. they wont be in the way for airflow, so you should be fine there. you should be able to buy them pretty cheap, just make sure you have a way to power them, im pretty sure they would connect to a psu cable. i havent done anything with custom lighting so i dont know the specifics. if you hold on one sec im gonna see if you can get a 780 and an i5 into the 900d
m
0
l

Best solution

March 24, 2014 5:00:39 PM

if you can stretch the budget a little bit, i'd go with this build:

it has an i5 processor (one of the best for gaming), a 780(also one of the best for gaming), the corsair case, a highly rated psu, an ssd for your operating system and programs and your favorite games, and a hard disc drive for everything else. where i am it comes into $1250, which is a little more than you wanted

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fQnw

i can probably make it a little less expensive if you want, without sacrificing much gaming performance
Share
March 24, 2014 5:10:15 PM

jshoop said:
if you can stretch the budget a little bit, i'd go with this build:

it has an i5 processor (one of the best for gaming), a 780(also one of the best for gaming), the corsair case, a highly rated psu, an ssd for your operating system and programs and your favorite games, and a hard disc drive for everything else. where i am it comes into $1250, which is a little more than you wanted

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fQnw

i can probably make it a little less expensive if you want, without sacrificing much gaming performance


I work in euros and that comes up to only 876 euro! Which is just under my budget, I can go slightly above, I don't believe I need windows as I think I already have it, also I have a spare DVD optical drive hanging about which will do fine until I want to watch blurays I will upgrade so you could even remove those 2 items meaning you could possibly upgrade another item perhaps you feel the need there is something? Other than that, the build you suggested looks like a tweeked version of psychogaminglemon's but better so this may be what I'm looking for! Also I'm not entirely sure yet where I will be buying everything, of course I will be looking for the cheapest places but reliable so far I tend to look at amazon first. Note: I live in Italy therefore shipping from well known websites in UK and US is expensive which is a hassle :/ 
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 5:18:48 PM

FYI I didn't see any places with that corsair 250d in stock so you may have to search for it a bit.
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 5:21:03 PM

jshoop said:
if you can stretch the budget a little bit, i'd go with this build:

it has an i5 processor (one of the best for gaming), a 780(also one of the best for gaming), the corsair case, a highly rated psu, an ssd for your operating system and programs and your favorite games, and a hard disc drive for everything else. where i am it comes into $1250, which is a little more than you wanted

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fQnw

i can probably make it a little less expensive if you want, without sacrificing much gaming performance


Looked to see what it would cost in pounds from various websites and it came up to 977pounds which is 1,164 euro which is 264 over my budget :/  so this is really depending on the price and where I get it from! I will stick to the model you have recommended at the moment, I will try finding each item on different websites here and adding the price up hopefully it will equal my budget, I am very busy at the moment with school, is it possible I get back to you later on through this thread?
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 5:59:28 PM

i'll be here, i feel you busy with school. i wasnt sure how the prices would convert since you are in italy, i got it close to the us dollar budget but 267 euros over budget is a little too much over in my opinion. is there an italian website you use for pc parts? and try to find the cheapest prices from various websites, instead of all from the same website. heres a framework for the pc, the main components without a price

i5 4440 or 4570, whatever is cheaper (most likely 4440)

h81 or h87 mini itx motherboard not from brands biostar or ecs, look for asus, gigabyte, asrock, and msi

2 4gb sticks of ram, cl9 or less, 1660 mhz or above

an ssd and hard drive: ssd you want around 120gb, for a hard drive go with a western digital blue/black, or a seagate barracuda 500gb or more, depending on how much space you think you need

any gtx780, it doesnt matter what, all will give around the same performance. the best are evga, asus, and msi with aftermarket coolers (not the silver ones) pretty much any 780 will be fine, just go with the least expensive

the corsair 250d case

a psu rated on tiers 1 to 2b on this page: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
when you find one i'll check to make sure it will supply enough power, get no less than 500W

a new dvd drive if you want, it depends on what you have now. if you open your computer and see a thick ribbon cable coming out of the dvd drive, you need a new one

you'll probably need a new operating system unless you can get one from your school. the one on your computer now won't transfer over, operating systems are tied to your motherboard.

this probably seems really high tech and confusing to you right now, but you'll get the hang of it. just look on the componnts information page and see if the information i put down is close to whats on the page

m
0
l
March 24, 2014 6:24:24 PM

Robotmutt said:
jshoop said:
if you can stretch the budget a little bit, i'd go with this build:

it has an i5 processor (one of the best for gaming), a 780(also one of the best for gaming), the corsair case, a highly rated psu, an ssd for your operating system and programs and your favorite games, and a hard disc drive for everything else. where i am it comes into $1250, which is a little more than you wanted

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fQnw

i can probably make it a little less expensive if you want, without sacrificing much gaming performance


I work in euros and that comes up to only 876 euro! Which is just under my budget, I can go slightly above, I don't believe I need windows as I think I already have it, also I have a spare DVD optical drive hanging about which will do fine until I want to watch blurays I will upgrade so you could even remove those 2 items meaning you could possibly upgrade another item perhaps you feel the need there is something? Other than that, the build you suggested looks like a tweeked version of psychogaminglemon's but better so this may be what I'm looking for! Also I'm not entirely sure yet where I will be buying everything, of course I will be looking for the cheapest places but reliable so far I tend to look at amazon first. Note: I live in Italy therefore shipping from well known websites in UK and US is expensive which is a hassle :/ 


This is a great build from Amazon Italy! 1080p gaming, upgradable and easy to build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570S 2.9GHz Quad-Core Processor (€175.13 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€93.05 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€73.11 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€48.49 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (€277.19 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€55.30 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€55.00 @ Amazon Italia)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (€16.77 @ Amazon Italia)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (€113.63 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €907.67
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-25 02:21 CET+0100)

If you does not need a OS then:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570S 2.9GHz Quad-Core Processor (€175.13 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€93.05 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€73.11 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€61.37 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€49.49 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (€277.19 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€55.30 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€55.00 @ Amazon Italia)
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer (€83.33 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €922.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-25 02:38 CET+0100)
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 6:35:50 PM

the only thing id change in that build is to a different, less expensice h87 or h81 motherboard. the processor can't be overclocked, so theres no point having an overclocking mb. usually corsair ram is a little more expensive, but i think the vengeance ram is pretty cheap in comparison so that should be fine. for the main drive, western digital blue isn't as reliable as black. blue drives are for data storage, not to be read and written on all the time. the 770 will give you ultra at 1080p. switch to windows 7, i thing the op likes 7 better, and its less expensive. otherwise its a very capable build. if theres any extra money go for an ssd or a 780
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 9:48:23 PM

jshoop said:
the only thing id change in that build is to a different, less expensice h87 or h81 motherboard. the processor can't be overclocked, so theres no point having an overclocking mb. usually corsair ram is a little more expensive, but i think the vengeance ram is pretty cheap in comparison so that should be fine. for the main drive, western digital blue isn't as reliable as black. blue drives are for data storage, not to be read and written on all the time. the 770 will give you ultra at 1080p. switch to windows 7, i thing the op likes 7 better, and its less expensive. otherwise its a very capable build. if theres any extra money go for an ssd or a 780

You are right but WD Blue drives can be used for r/w if you need to save the money.
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 12:01:55 AM

I think I will look for the component for the corsair 250D build which seemed very good jshoop, I'll look at italian pc websites and prices to see if I can pick everything up in my budget as I have not yet looked. Also if I find everything but it's slightly over, is there a possibility to sacrifice a certain component to a cheaper version but still good? As the gpu in thar build looks very convincing! I'll use the build from amazon.it as a backup and at the moment the corsair 250D my aim.
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 7:18:15 AM

jshoop said:
i'll be here, i feel you busy with school. i wasnt sure how the prices would convert since you are in italy, i got it close to the us dollar budget but 267 euros over budget is a little too much over in my opinion. is there an italian website you use for pc parts? and try to find the cheapest prices from various websites, instead of all from the same website. heres a framework for the pc, the main components without a price

i5 4440 or 4570, whatever is cheaper (most likely 4440)

h81 or h87 mini itx motherboard not from brands biostar or ecs, look for asus, gigabyte, asrock, and msi

2 4gb sticks of ram, cl9 or less, 1660 mhz or above

an ssd and hard drive: ssd you want around 120gb, for a hard drive go with a western digital blue/black, or a seagate barracuda 500gb or more, depending on how much space you think you need

any gtx780, it doesnt matter what, all will give around the same performance. the best are evga, asus, and msi with aftermarket coolers (not the silver ones) pretty much any 780 will be fine, just go with the least expensive

the corsair 250d case

a psu rated on tiers 1 to 2b on this page: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
when you find one i'll check to make sure it will supply enough power, get no less than 500W

a new dvd drive if you want, it depends on what you have now. if you open your computer and see a thick ribbon cable coming out of the dvd drive, you need a new one

you'll probably need a new operating system unless you can get one from your school. the one on your computer now won't transfer over, operating systems are tied to your motherboard.

this probably seems really high tech and confusing to you right now, but you'll get the hang of it. just look on the componnts information page and see if the information i put down is close to whats on the page



http://www.amazon.it/gp/cart/view.html/ref=gno_cart

The above is everything I managed to find on amazon.it, the overall price is over my budget by 200euro and does not include the OS and optical drive. I wasn't entirely sure if each component was the correct one. I really do like the look of that build (Corsair 250D), problem is I can't seem to find any italian specialised pc store websites :/  Is filippi's second build from amazon.it better than the first one he suggested both thweaked with your suggestions?
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 12:04:43 PM

to me it shows the shopping cart as empty, would you be able to list out the specs? i don't need all the crazy random looking numbers, just the title of each part
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 12:21:24 PM

jshoop said:
to me it shows the shopping cart as empty, would you be able to list out the specs? i don't need all the crazy random looking numbers, just the title of each part


Antec HCG 620M High Current Gamer Modular 80 Plus PC (620 Watt) - 107euro
Corsair Obsidian Series 250D Mini-ITX - 103euro
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 scheda grafica (PCI-e, 3GB GDDR5, DVI, 1 GPU) - 490euro
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s 64MB - 50euro
Crucial M500 SSD SATA 120 GB, 6 GB/s, 2.5'' Grey - 66euro
8 GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ares serie Low Profile (9-9-9) Dual Channel kit - 100euro
Asrock H87M-ITX - 94euro
Intel BX80646I54440 Processore Boxed Intel Core i5-4440 Haswell, Black - 161euro

TOTAL: 1,173.48 not including shipping .etc.

I'm having no luck finding a pc specialist italian website therefore it's making me consider buying whatever is the correct price off amazon.it or whatever is too big to get from overseas from amazon.it and the rest from english pc specialist websites and last resort american. This is a model I definitely think I should buy, just checking with you, this is my absolute first ever pc, I will hope for it to last 2-3years to play good games and do a bit of work, if there are any possible adjustments you think let me know otherwise it will be the model I will go for, I have saved up for awhile and hope my money will be well worth it! :)  Thanks again!
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 12:32:59 PM

to lower the price, you can get a different brand 780. it doesnt matter what brand really, the cheaper ones are usually the reference model. i told you before what brands to look for, but to keep it to the budget the reference models all perform the same. the performance difference wont be a huge loss, maybe 5 fps at most between reference and aftermarket.. Also, you can get a different ssd. the brand also won't matter too much, as all ssd's will be faster. just look for 120 ish gb, i think a pny or kingston brand should be cheaper. also look for less expensive ram, just keep the timings 9 or below and the speeds 1600mhz and up.

overall, any variation of a build with that i5 and a 780 will last a while. it will be a beast
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 1:02:10 PM

jshoop said:
to lower the price, you can get a different brand 780. it doesnt matter what brand really, the cheaper ones are usually the reference model. i told you before what brands to look for, but to keep it to the budget the reference models all perform the same. the performance difference wont be a huge loss, maybe 5 fps at most between reference and aftermarket.. Also, you can get a different ssd. the brand also won't matter too much, as all ssd's will be faster. just look for 120 ish gb, i think a pny or kingston brand should be cheaper. also look for less expensive ram, just keep the timings 9 or below and the speeds 1600mhz and up.

overall, any variation of a build with that i5 and a 780 will last a while. it will be a beast


Sounds great! Oh and in my school there are technicians who will most likely have lots of knowledge on this subject, tomorrow I am going to chat with them and possibly find out if they know of any store/website I can go to!

m
0
l
March 25, 2014 1:13:20 PM

they can probably look at what you have and see if they have any comments about it, more opinions are better
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 3:24:37 PM

jshoop said:
they can probably look at what you have and see if they have any comments about it, more opinions are better


I just realised that the build is missing a cpu cooler! Is this on purpose or by accident? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fQnw
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 3:27:46 PM

this was on purpose. the i5 doesnt produce much heat, so you wont need a cooler. also, you can't overclock, so a cooler would just make it quieter and look nicer. it didn't fit in the budget either so i left it out
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 3:44:37 PM

im trying to go through the italian amazon and see if i can find some stuff, i'll post links to what i find
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 4:00:53 PM

Processor: i5 4440
http://www.amazon.it/Intel-BX80646I54440-Processore-i5-...

motherboard: asrock h81
http://www.amazon.it/Asrock-H81M-ITX-scheda-madre/dp/B0...

ram: corsair 8gb,
http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-240-pin-SDRAM-Scheda-memor...

SSD: sandisk ssd, 128gb
http://www.amazon.it/SanDisk-Memoria-Solido-lettura-scr...

HDD: wd blue, 1tb
http://www.amazon.it/Western-Digital-WD10EZEX-Caviar-Ha...

gpu: msi gtx780 (a very good cooler by the way)
http://www.amazon.it/Western-Digital-WD10EZEX-Caviar-Ha...

Case: corsair obsidian 250d
http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-Obsidian-Sichtfenster-Mini...

PSU: very good brand (xfx) has the wattage you need and 80+ bronze
http://www.amazon.it/dp/B004RJ8EKI/?tag=pcp06-21


total: i rounded it to 570 euros, which seems a bit low. you should double check my math just in case, im not too comfortable with foreign currencies. i mightve messed something up
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 12:01:41 AM

jshoop said:
Processor: i5 4440
http://www.amazon.it/Intel-BX80646I54440-Processore-i5-...

motherboard: asrock h81
http://www.amazon.it/Asrock-H81M-ITX-scheda-madre/dp/B0...

ram: corsair 8gb,
http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-240-pin-SDRAM-Scheda-memor...

SSD: sandisk ssd, 128gb
http://www.amazon.it/SanDisk-Memoria-Solido-lettura-scr...

HDD: wd blue, 1tb
http://www.amazon.it/Western-Digital-WD10EZEX-Caviar-Ha...

gpu: msi gtx780 (a very good cooler by the way)
http://www.amazon.it/Western-Digital-WD10EZEX-Caviar-Ha...

Case: corsair obsidian 250d
http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-Obsidian-Sichtfenster-Mini...

PSU: very good brand (xfx) has the wattage you need and 80+ bronze
http://www.amazon.it/dp/B004RJ8EKI/?tag=pcp06-21


total: i rounded it to 570 euros, which seems a bit low. you should double check my math just in case, im not too comfortable with foreign currencies. i mightve messed something up


Everything looks good, I've added them all to my basket although the only thing missing is the video card as you posted thr link to the hard disk :p  it has come up to 570 euro which is good and hopefully with the video card it will be a good total price, 570 euro is $787 I use xe.com to convert currency's.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 5:31:14 AM

Robotmutt said:
Hi,

I have been playing games a lot recently and was looking to invest my money in a good/worth the price custom built pc as it seems to be better doing and funner. Also this means the possibility of customization and removal of certain parts in the future. I am not very experienced in this sector and require assistance and suggestions. I have about 900euro/ $1,200/750pounds to spend. I do not mind whether it slightly exceeds my money limit, I am looking for the best build I can get with that money NOT including any monitors/peripherals .etc. I have looked at PCPartPicker and do not have much of a clue where to start, I've looked at videos and have the general idea of what I need - I would prefer Nvidia over ASD. Whatever suggestions and must haves will be a great help! I am not sure what the average price for each component should be and how to balance everything out. Not to forget, I do little work, only microsoft word .etc. I will also be watching bluray films, at the moment I have a DVD drive to use and plan to buy a bluray drive in the future, I don't mind whether it is included in the overall build for the moment. At the moment I play Rust, DayZ, Metro, Bioshock, Borderlands, Skyrim and a whole list of similar games quite similar. I will also be looking to keeping this for 2 years or more and be playing games such Titanfall and possibly other mainstream games.


m
0
l
March 26, 2014 5:49:14 AM

If you are going to build the rig yourself and save a lot of money, the first thing I would purchase is a CoolerMaster HAF92 full tower case. This is the platform I used for my latest build. It has an ASUS M4A87TD EVO mo/bo with an AMD Phenom II quad core CPU that you can buy as a unit from ASUS. The CoolerMaster can hold up to six harddrives and the mo/bo will accommodate up to 16 GB's of RAM. My card is an nVidea GTX570 that performs great for gaming or graphic designing. An 800 Watt PSU will handle the load with no problem. I suggest going with SSD's for your drives since they have no moving parts to screw up. A 64GB SSD is what I use as a boot drive and a pair of 128GB drives for downloading software. The SSD's I got from Crucial. It costs about $1100 to build. I then got Windows 7 Ultimate as the O/S which added about $150. Don't go to Windows 8, I have heard nothing but bad reviews about it. Good luck with your build, my experience building the rig was that as long as you read all the instructions or go to a web site that shows the proper way to build a rig you will be extremely satisfied with the outcome and also get self satisfaction for doing it.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 8:51:22 AM

jshoop said:
Processor: i5 4440
http://www.amazon.it/Intel-BX80646I54440-Processore-i5-...

motherboard: asrock h81
http://www.amazon.it/Asrock-H81M-ITX-scheda-madre/dp/B0...

ram: corsair 8gb,
http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-240-pin-SDRAM-Scheda-memor...

SSD: sandisk ssd, 128gb
http://www.amazon.it/SanDisk-Memoria-Solido-lettura-scr...

HDD: wd blue, 1tb
http://www.amazon.it/Western-Digital-WD10EZEX-Caviar-Ha...

gpu: msi gtx780 (a very good cooler by the way)
http://www.amazon.it/Western-Digital-WD10EZEX-Caviar-Ha...

Case: corsair obsidian 250d
http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-Obsidian-Sichtfenster-Mini...

PSU: very good brand (xfx) has the wattage you need and 80+ bronze
http://www.amazon.it/dp/B004RJ8EKI/?tag=pcp06-21


total: i rounded it to 570 euros, which seems a bit low. you should double check my math just in case, im not too comfortable with foreign currencies. i mightve messed something up


http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00DWV3NM6/ref=ox_sc_ac...
Found this video card, good price, that added onto the rest of the things you gave me is exactly 1000euro which is my aboslute limit! :)  For now I suppose I should be able to use my current dvd drive, I will send a pic to see if it's adequate and the OS I can probably get from my school technicians as I spoke to them, they recommended I use amazon and if I needed any help talk to them so yeah.
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 26, 2014 10:19:34 AM

Robotmutt said:
Hi,

I have been playing games a lot recently and was looking to invest my money in a good/worth the price custom built pc as it seems to be better doing and funner. Also this means the possibility of customization and removal of certain parts in the future. I am not very experienced in this sector and require assistance and suggestions. I have about 900euro/ $1,200/750pounds to spend. I do not mind whether it slightly exceeds my money limit, I am looking for the best build I can get with that money NOT including any monitors/peripherals .etc. I have looked at PCPartPicker and do not have much of a clue where to start, I've looked at videos and have the general idea of what I need - I would prefer Nvidia over ASD. Whatever suggestions and must haves will be a great help! I am not sure what the average price for each component should be and how to balance everything out. Not to forget, I do little work, only microsoft word .etc. I will also be watching bluray films, at the moment I have a DVD drive to use and plan to buy a bluray drive in the future, I don't mind whether it is included in the overall build for the moment. At the moment I play Rust, DayZ, Metro, Bioshock, Borderlands, Skyrim and a whole list of similar games quite similar. I will also be looking to keeping this for 2 years or more and be playing games such Titanfall and possibly other mainstream games.


http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3gPsT
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 10:28:57 AM

Robotmutt said:
jshoop said:
Processor: i5 4440
http://www.amazon.it/Intel-BX80646I54440-Processore-i5-...

motherboard: asrock h81
http://www.amazon.it/Asrock-H81M-ITX-scheda-madre/dp/B0...

ram: corsair 8gb,
http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-240-pin-SDRAM-Scheda-memor...

SSD: sandisk ssd, 128gb
http://www.amazon.it/SanDisk-Memoria-Solido-lettura-scr...

HDD: wd blue, 1tb
http://www.amazon.it/Western-Digital-WD10EZEX-Caviar-Ha...

gpu: msi gtx780 (a very good cooler by the way)
http://www.amazon.it/Western-Digital-WD10EZEX-Caviar-Ha...

Case: corsair obsidian 250d
http://www.amazon.it/Corsair-Obsidian-Sichtfenster-Mini...

PSU: very good brand (xfx) has the wattage you need and 80+ bronze
http://www.amazon.it/dp/B004RJ8EKI/?tag=pcp06-21


total: i rounded it to 570 euros, which seems a bit low. you should double check my math just in case, im not too comfortable with foreign currencies. i mightve messed something up


http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00DWV3NM6/ref=ox_sc_ac...
Found this video card, good price, that added onto the rest of the things you gave me is exactly 1000euro which is my aboslute limit! :)  For now I suppose I should be able to use my current dvd drive, I will send a pic to see if it's adequate and the OS I can probably get from my school technicians as I spoke to them, they recommended I use amazon and if I needed any help talk to them so yeah.


m
0
l
March 26, 2014 10:34:55 AM

There are a lot of computer components web sites. Don't buy everything from one site. Compare prices on a number of sites. Don't use BEST BUY because they are a hassle if you get a defective product from them. There are also a number of sites that will give you detailed instructions with pictures to build your rig if you don't have any experience. Good Luck!
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 10:46:09 AM

jshoop said:
this was on purpose. the i5 doesnt produce much heat, so you wont need a cooler. also, you can't overclock, so a cooler would just make it quieter and look nicer. it didn't fit in the budget either so i left it out


sheriff12 said:
There are a lot of computer components web sites. Don't buy everything from one site. Compare prices on a number of sites. Don't use BEST BUY because they are a hassle if you get a defective product from them. There are also a number of sites that will give you detailed instructions with pictures to build your rig if you don't have any experience. Good Luck!


Thank you very much! Although seeming as I live in italy there not many avaible places I can go to buy things or even order from for example the uk, so I shall be ordering all my components off amazon.it as it is not a hassle and it will arrive at my door within 2 days :p  Also shipping from overseas tends to be a bit risky with italian postal services :/  so yeah! Thanks again for the advice.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 11:55:27 AM

oh wow, my bad about that link. yes, that is another great card, asus is high quality. you can probably get a copy of windows through your school, schools usually help out with that kind of stuff. that build looks awesome, especially for being just at the budget
m
0
l
    • 1 / 7
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • More pages
    • Next
    • Newest
!