Solved

$1500 Editing/Gaming PC build

I built a few computers with my dad about 4 years ago, so I have a small amount of know how when it comes to putting the PC together. But I never bought the pieces and I don't know how to look for the best parts. I messed around on PCPartPicker, but I didn't really know what to look for. I help run a 5 hour TV block with my friends, and we were supposed to do college news on it, but mostly just run student made shows and commercials. So a computer that can edit that kind of stuff would be great. I don't know much about the editing so I don't really know what to ask for (I'm just a camera man/Sound Board controller). I'm building this PC because I'm actually taking a class to learn how to do Video editing, and needed a computer that can handle it (I only have a 2 year old laptop at the moment).

Approximate Purchase Date: Probably within the next 2 weeks if not tonight

Budget Range: $1500 after taxes or at least somewhere close to that if over

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Video editing, Gaming, Netflix, and I don't know what rendering is but my teacher said Ill be doing it

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Everything but a CPU (I was given an Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 and was told it was good enough)

Do you need to buy OS: Yes (windows 7 Ultimate)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any site that can ship directly to my apartment.

Parts Preferences: Anything that works with the CPU I stated

Overclocking: Maybe, I don't know what that is or how to do it.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, same as overclocking

Your Monitor Resolution: I guess 1080p, or better if possible

Additional Comments: I like to see inside so a window would be nice, and I heard a cool PC is best so that (plus I like all the fans and such), I don't want anything loud but if its unavoidable then that's fine. oh I also need all the Peripherals (I think, like headphones and a keyboard, stuff like that, the pieces that aren't in the actual computer). Also If you could recommend a good desk and chair that would be great (preferably under the $1500 budget or else I would have to wait until I get paid in 2 weeks)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Learning to edit and need a computer to work with, plus I really want a gaming computer
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1500 editing gaming build
  1. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3g1eZ
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3g1eZ/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3g1eZ/benchmarks/

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($138.75 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.23 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($489.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX Full Tower Case ($162.81 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Antec HCG M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($264.99 @ B&H)
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Headphones: Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 7.1 Channel Headset ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
    Total: $1520.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-25 01:36 EDT-0400)
    I didnt leave room for the desk/chair but I included a beast gpu for gamin as well as 16gb of ram for editing. If you need me to lower the price to fit in a desk and chair, I can get a cheaper case, cheaper gpu, and possibly a cheaper monitor. I also assumed you needed windows, If you dont it should be under budget including the chair an cheap desk.
  2. I just have a couple quick bits about this, Does the mobo support wireless, because of my lack of connection to a router. What about a mouse? And lastly don't worry about the price for desk and chair as I will just get them on my next paycheck, so a recommendation for them would still be helpful (up to $300 for desk/chair). Since this will be a partial work(editing)/gaming/school computer I would like to be comfy albeit, I will be on it for hours at a time.
  3. Doorstopper said:
    I just have a couple quick bits about this, Does the mobo support wireless, because of my lack of connection to a router. What about a mouse? And lastly don't worry about the price for desk and chair as I will just get them on my next paycheck, so a recommendation for them would still be helpful (up to $300 for desk/chair). Since this will be a partial work(editing)/gaming/school computer I would like to be comfy albeit, I will be on it for hours at a time.

Yes it will work with a wireless adapter. If you want to order it before your paycheck you can opt for the gtx 770, which should be almost $200 less, and if you dont need ms windows you will be under budget excluding the mouse.
  4. Alright, well you answered all but two. Which is partially my fault for wording it wrong. Does the mobo have integrated WiFi or do I have to purchase a separate adapter? And what mouse do you recommend?
  5. Doorstopper said:
    Alright, well you answered all but two. Which is partially my fault for wording it wrong. Does the mobo have integrated WiFi or do I have to purchase a separate adapter? And what mouse do you recommend?

You would need to buy a separate adapter it will cost about $20 or so. For a gaming mouse, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816009. But if you dont want all those buttonshttp://www.amazon.com/Razer-Deathadder-Infrared-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002Q4U5DK. Remember gaming mice are very subjective. As for the desk/chair, I have no Idea maybe stopping by your local store and seeing what is comfortable for you?
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Build Systems