Are My FX-6300 Temps Okay?

FIABLASTA

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
I am using the stock cooler with the 6300 and am not overclocked. On idle i am about 17 degrees to 22 degrees Celsius (i know that the sensor is inaccurate). When gaming I rarely go beyond 49 degrees Celsius. Sometimes it will jump in the low 50s for a half a second. When I run Prime95 for 15 to 30 minutes the max turns out to be 58 degrees Celsius. I am measuring the temps with Core Temp. I think these are okay, I am thinking about buying a 120mm fan filter though. If you need full system specs, let me know! Thanks much!

Solution
Those temps seem fine to me. When I run Prime95 I see 63C as my highest. But AMD says it should be able to safely run at 72C, but it seems most people recommend not to go over 60-65C, depending on the person you talk to.

I think you have nothing to worry about. Although getting a new fan can never hurt. Lower temps help your CPU last longer I would think.
Those temps seem fine to me. When I run Prime95 I see 63C as my highest. But AMD says it should be able to safely run at 72C, but it seems most people recommend not to go over 60-65C, depending on the person you talk to.

I think you have nothing to worry about. Although getting a new fan can never hurt. Lower temps help your CPU last longer I would think.

Solution

FIABLASTA

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014

Thanks much guys!

TRENDING THREADS