Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

PC Build for $2000 - 2200? (GTX 780 Ti 3GB) (i7) 2014 w/ Monitor (ALSO IN BUILD)

Tags:
  • Gtx
  • Intel i7
  • Build
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
Share
March 25, 2014 7:14:12 AM

Hi guys, I am RenzoRaptor you can call me Renzo or Raptor. I am new here to the forum and I

would like to ask if you may help me make a parts list for build (CPU ONLY) for $2000. It should

have a GTX 780 Ti and an i7 processor. It should also last for a last for about 3 years minimum.

Thanks a lot for anyone that helps! :) 

More about : build 2000 2200 gtx 780 3gb 2014 monitor build

a b à CPUs
March 25, 2014 7:25:59 AM

What do you mean by, "(CPU ONLY)"? Do you want a $2,000 CPU? Or a build for 2k with a 780 Ti and an i7?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 93 à CPUs
March 25, 2014 7:34:23 AM

Better cooler
Lower latency is generally a better point than higher frequency for gaming.
Cheaper but similar performance motherboard
More reliable HDD
Better GPU
Better fitting PSU for single GPU
Windows 7 over 8 any day.
oh... and cheaper.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($148.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($719.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1880.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-25 10:34 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 7:40:50 AM

Jacob McIntosh said:
What do you mean by, "(CPU ONLY)"? Do you want a $2,000 CPU? Or a build for 2k with a 780 Ti and an i7?


Yes :) 
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 7:53:50 AM

Here you go, this build will last you beyond 3 years.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($334.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial M500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: ASUS Graphics Cards GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 ($719.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($108.59 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1894.50
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-25 10:46 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
March 25, 2014 7:56:45 AM

When it comes to Ram G.Skill is the best, I don't think PNY will be any use. Also when it comes to GPU in Nvidia EVGA is the best.
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:05:34 AM

vmN said:
Better cooler
Lower latency is generally a better point than higher frequency for gaming.
Cheaper but similar performance motherboard
More reliable HDD
Better GPU
Better fitting PSU for single GPU
Windows 7 over 8 any day.
oh... and cheaper.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($148.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($719.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1880.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-25 10:34 EDT-0400)



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QTN9xFbwS0&list=TLDgCX...

is it good?
m
0
l
a c 813 à CPUs
March 25, 2014 10:00:51 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright TS-140 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($232.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($689.80 @ Mwave)
Case: NZXT Source 530 ATX Full Tower Case ($99.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1862.68
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-25 13:00 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 12:59:08 PM

Rams Anirudh said:
When it comes to Ram G.Skill is the best, I don't think PNY will be any use. Also when it comes to GPU in Nvidia EVGA is the best.


Both are incorrect statements. RAM doesn't favor any brand but the components used in their production and though EVGA has the best support/warranty, their cards do not outperform every other brand on the market. ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte are all great options as well.

ASUS uses better components than the EVGA that you speak of. The ASUS has a custom PCB, better cooler, and better VRM cooling.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
March 25, 2014 1:23:46 PM

When it comes to performance EVGA outplays Asus, please check what ever way possible and let me know if Asus performs better. Thanks !
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 9:50:33 PM

Guys for the build I don't need an OS I already have Win 7 Ultimate :) 
m
0
l
a c 490 à CPUs
March 25, 2014 10:33:50 PM

Because why not

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gCCa
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gCCa/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gCCa/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.81 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card ($999.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($94.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1991.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-26 01:33 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 8:16:00 AM

I'm working on my own (ILL POST IT [maybe] IF I DO ITS IN Philippine Peso SORRY)
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 12:25:58 AM

CTurbo said:
Because why not

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gCCa
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gCCa/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gCCa/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.81 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card ($999.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($94.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1991.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-26 01:33 EDT-0400)


Why a GTX Titan black? Not a GTX 780 Ti?
m
0
l
a c 490 à CPUs
March 30, 2014 9:42:37 AM

Quote:
Why a GTX Titan black? Not a GTX 780 Ti?


idk I was just showing that it was an option. It's a little better than the 780ti overall but it's probably not worth the extra $300 if gaming is the only concern. If you are going to be doing heavy video editing maybe. If it's just for gaming I would get the 780ti for sure.
m
0
l
a c 813 à CPUs
March 31, 2014 8:56:34 AM

Another option.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($565.25 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright TS-140 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($224.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($135.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($73.48 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.81 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($695.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B BRONZE 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1991.46
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-31 11:42 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
March 31, 2014 10:37:00 AM

I forgot to say it needed a monitor in that 2000-2200 build.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 813 à CPUs
March 31, 2014 10:46:45 AM

With monitor. :D 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($565.25 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright TS-140 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($224.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($135.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($73.48 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.81 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($695.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B BRONZE 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VN248H-P 23.8" Monitor ($197.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $2189.04
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-31 13:46 EDT-0400)
Share
a c 490 à CPUs
March 31, 2014 11:31:20 AM

Eh all of these parts on all of the builds in here are crazy overkill for a single 1080p monitor :/ 

I would get at LEAST 1440p if not 3 cheaper 1080ps
m
0
l
a c 813 à CPUs
March 31, 2014 11:33:47 AM

Crazy overkill just means it will last longer. :p 
m
-1
l
a c 490 à CPUs
March 31, 2014 11:41:59 AM

haha true
m
0
l
!