Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this computer build good? (My first build)

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 25, 2014 8:20:32 AM

This is going to be my first computer build for myself. Me and a friend have built one together before, but I have never built one by myself and would like to know if these specs are good for intense gaming: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Djfreshboy/saved/#savedbui...
March 25, 2014 8:28:48 AM

it is good but i would recommend 1 gtx 780ti over 2 gtx 770 since 1 card is better than having 2 and sli is not in every game plus it would be like 20$ cheaper that way
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:32:27 AM

That is an awesome build but i would spend more money on the GPU, get a 780. and down grade the cpu if price is a problem (i5 is perfect for gaming the i7s are over kill) . but other then that ever thing is perfect. more less pick the company you like and trust.

gaming computers need a good GPUs so get the 780
m
0
l
Related resources
March 25, 2014 8:33:55 AM

So should I keep with Gigabyte for my GPU or should I go with Nvidia, EVEGA, etc.?
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:35:27 AM

nickbachu said:
it is good but i would recommend 1 gtx 780ti over 2 gtx 770 since 1 card is better than having 2 and sli is not in every game plus it would be like 20$ cheaper that way


he is right sli is only good if useing 3 monitors or useing 4K

780 or 780 ti both vary good GPUS

m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:35:56 AM

Djfreshboy said:
So should I keep with Gigabyte for my GPU or should I go with Nvidia, EVEGA, etc.?


EVGA
m
0
l

Best solution

March 25, 2014 8:37:39 AM

Djfreshboy said:
So should I keep with Gigabyte for my GPU or should I go with Nvidia, EVEGA, etc.?


Nvidia and AMD is the one who makes the video card chips
gigabyte, power color and etc is the on who rebrands them from AMD and Nvidia
but good with a brand you trust as the guy before me said it would be best to get a gtx 780 or a gtx 780ti better bang for the buck is the gtx 780 ti its around the price for what you was going to spend on gtx 770's
Share
March 25, 2014 8:37:55 AM

K thanks guys! I will probably get the GPU straight from Nvidia, or try EVGA out
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:39:15 AM

yep no problem
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:43:37 AM

oh ya one thing a full size case is like 3 4 feet tall vary big i had a full size on my bros computer and it was to big i would get a mid if i was you
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:50:19 AM

It's ok (I know the case is very large) I have a space next to my desk that fits the dimensions of a full tower.
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:56:54 AM

much better i have the 3 780 with 3 monitors and i get 120 fps maxed out. so one 780ti with 1 monitor will be out standing. and i recommend benQ monitors i use them my brother uses them and my friend uses them. no problems and vary nice warranty and vary strong built
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 8:59:38 AM

Justin Gingras said:
much better i have the 3 780 with 3 monitors and i get 120 fps maxed out. so one 780ti with 1 monitor will be out standing. and i recommend benQ monitors i use them my brother uses them and my friend uses them. no problems and vary nice warranty and vary strong built


Which BenQ Monitor would you reccomend? I'm only looking for one monitor for now, but I plan on later having two.
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 9:04:39 AM

Is the RL2455HM good? Im looking for a monitor that is around $150 or below, and that's why I went with the Asus VS229H-P
m
0
l
!