Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

issue with cat6

Last response: in Networking
Share
March 25, 2014 10:10:29 PM

hello members, i have a dlink router 605L , want to used my desktop using cat6 cable. the desktop is 25meteres away from router. so i have purchased 25 meters cat6 wire and creeping by me. Now the desktop showing unplugged lan even though its connected to the router.
i have tested the cat6 cable thorugh cable tester. it showing lights sequential order. Please help me to solve this problem.

More about : issue cat6

Best solution

March 25, 2014 10:14:37 PM

if it is showing good on tester so plug it in your router and pc and check the light of the port on router . . if it is on so there is problem in pc . .
Share
March 25, 2014 10:27:13 PM

STACKS ON DECK said:
if it is showing good on tester so plug it in your router and pc and check the light of the port on router . . if it is on so there is problem in pc . .


i have checked with two hp laptops. but when i have plugged the cable through router there is no light in the router and laptop showing unplugged network.

m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 25, 2014 10:30:53 PM

so you should check the connectors. . is it a straight through or crossover . .
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:20:06 AM

STACKS ON DECK said:
so you should check the connectors. . is it a straight through or crossover . .


i have checked the cable as straight. the tester also showing lights straight state.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:26:40 AM

there is some issue in wire or router cause it doesn't detect you cable .
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 2:09:12 AM

STACKS ON DECK said:
there is some issue in wire or router cause it doesn't detect you cable .


router is finely work with another cable
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 2:12:26 AM

so that's what it is .good now
m
0
l
March 27, 2014 12:46:04 AM

STACKS ON DECK said:
so that's what it is .good now


Now its working but some time disconnecting
m
0
l
!