Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Max resolution for cards?

Tags:
  • Resolution
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
March 26, 2014 12:04:22 PM

According to Newegg, the card I am looking at buying has a max resolution of 2560x1600.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Does this mean I could not run a triple monitor setup with this card? Or rather, two of this card.

More about : max resolution cards

March 26, 2014 12:10:39 PM

No, you can run triple monitors with that card. Sometimes those max resolution things can be deceiving.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 12:12:14 PM

no, this resolution is to only one monitor
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b C Monitor
March 26, 2014 12:13:52 PM

Tohst said:
According to Newegg, the card I am looking at buying has a max resolution of 2560x1600.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Does this mean I could not run a triple monitor setup with this card? Or rather, two of this card.


no what that does mean is that no monitor will be able to get a resolution higher than 2560x1600, you can for example run 3 monitors at 1080p, or even 3 monitors at 2560x1600 with this card but you will get lower FPS...
Share
a b C Monitor
March 26, 2014 12:18:38 PM

anonymous1 said:
well not knowing what monitor you will be using how would I know if 2560x1600 is supported.

WTH are you talking about? what difference it makes what monitor he plans to use?!...

m
0
l
March 26, 2014 12:18:46 PM

paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
According to Newegg, the card I am looking at buying has a max resolution of 2560x1600.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Does this mean I could not run a triple monitor setup with this card? Or rather, two of this card.


no what that does mean is that no monitor will be able to get a resolution higher than 2560x1600, you can for example run 3 monitors at 1080p, or even 3 monitors at 2560x1600 with this card but you will get lower FPS...


^ that is a better explanation.
m
1
l
a b C Monitor
March 26, 2014 12:19:38 PM

senkasaw said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
According to Newegg, the card I am looking at buying has a max resolution of 2560x1600.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Does this mean I could not run a triple monitor setup with this card? Or rather, two of this card.


no what that does mean is that no monitor will be able to get a resolution higher than 2560x1600, you can for example run 3 monitors at 1080p, or even 3 monitors at 2560x1600 with this card but you will get lower FPS...


^ that is a better explanation.


WOOOOT !!! please select me as best answer and have a good day!

m
1
l
March 26, 2014 12:22:33 PM

Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
March 26, 2014 12:26:10 PM

Tohst said:
Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.

no problem, make sure you get the 4gb version of the card if you go SLI on them...remember VRAM does not add-up in sli so a 2gb card will run out of VRAM pretty quickly on 3 monitors...

m
1
l
March 26, 2014 12:32:05 PM

paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.

no problem, make sure you get the 4gb version of the card if you go SLI on them...remember VRAM does not add-up in sli so a 2gb card will run out of VRAM pretty quickly on 3 monitors...



I kept that in mind. I just bought a GTX 770 4GB off eBay! Upgrading from a GeForce GT 220 lol. And now, I wait...
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
March 26, 2014 12:33:42 PM

Tohst said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.

no problem, make sure you get the 4gb version of the card if you go SLI on them...remember VRAM does not add-up in sli so a 2gb card will run out of VRAM pretty quickly on 3 monitors...



I kept that in mind. I just bought a GTX 770 4GB off eBay! Upgrading from a GeForce GT 220 lol. And now, I wait...


ahhhh man, it will be day and night !!! what is the rest of your system? you got a good CPU to go along with the card? PSU is good enough too?

m
0
l
March 26, 2014 12:34:39 PM

Tohst said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.

no problem, make sure you get the 4gb version of the card if you go SLI on them...remember VRAM does not add-up in sli so a 2gb card will run out of VRAM pretty quickly on 3 monitors...



I kept that in mind. I just bought a GTX 770 4GB off eBay! Upgrading from a GeForce GT 220 lol. And now, I wait...


Outstanding...you are going to love it. :) 

m
1
l
March 26, 2014 12:37:17 PM

paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.

no problem, make sure you get the 4gb version of the card if you go SLI on them...remember VRAM does not add-up in sli so a 2gb card will run out of VRAM pretty quickly on 3 monitors...



I kept that in mind. I just bought a GTX 770 4GB off eBay! Upgrading from a GeForce GT 220 lol. And now, I wait...


ahhhh man, it will be day and night !!! what is the rest of your system? you got a good CPU to go along with the card? PSU is good enough too?



I am looking forward to seeing the performance difference! I got myself a 750W Corsair PSU recently so I should be good on power. And I have a Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz, not the fastest but I think it should be able to hold me over until I have the $$ to upgrade that as well.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 12:38:06 PM

senkasaw said:
Tohst said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.

no problem, make sure you get the 4gb version of the card if you go SLI on them...remember VRAM does not add-up in sli so a 2gb card will run out of VRAM pretty quickly on 3 monitors...



I kept that in mind. I just bought a GTX 770 4GB off eBay! Upgrading from a GeForce GT 220 lol. And now, I wait...


Outstanding...you are going to love it. :) 



I do not doubt that!
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
March 26, 2014 12:43:51 PM

Tohst said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.

no problem, make sure you get the 4gb version of the card if you go SLI on them...remember VRAM does not add-up in sli so a 2gb card will run out of VRAM pretty quickly on 3 monitors...



I kept that in mind. I just bought a GTX 770 4GB off eBay! Upgrading from a GeForce GT 220 lol. And now, I wait...


ahhhh man, it will be day and night !!! what is the rest of your system? you got a good CPU to go along with the card? PSU is good enough too?



I am looking forward to seeing the performance difference! I got myself a 750W Corsair PSU recently so I should be good on power. And I have a Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz, not the fastest but I think it should be able to hold me over until I have the $$ to upgrade that as well.

yeah that CPU is really not the best for this card but as long as you keep in mind that the card will not be fully utilised until you give her a more powerfull chip to work with, you'll be happy...you will still see low FPS when a lot of action will be going on your screen tho, so keep in mind that this is normal it's just because your GPU will not be fed enough from the CPU...your FPS will fluctuate wildly according to what is going on in the games and this is normal..
m
0
l
March 27, 2014 5:40:53 PM

paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
paitjsu sadff said:
Tohst said:
Thank you all, especially paitjsu_sadff. That makes a lot of sense.

no problem, make sure you get the 4gb version of the card if you go SLI on them...remember VRAM does not add-up in sli so a 2gb card will run out of VRAM pretty quickly on 3 monitors...



I kept that in mind. I just bought a GTX 770 4GB off eBay! Upgrading from a GeForce GT 220 lol. And now, I wait...


ahhhh man, it will be day and night !!! what is the rest of your system? you got a good CPU to go along with the card? PSU is good enough too?



I am looking forward to seeing the performance difference! I got myself a 750W Corsair PSU recently so I should be good on power. And I have a Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz, not the fastest but I think it should be able to hold me over until I have the $$ to upgrade that as well.

yeah that CPU is really not the best for this card but as long as you keep in mind that the card will not be fully utilised until you give her a more powerfull chip to work with, you'll be happy...you will still see low FPS when a lot of action will be going on your screen tho, so keep in mind that this is normal it's just because your GPU will not be fed enough from the CPU...your FPS will fluctuate wildly according to what is going on in the games and this is normal..


Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I was planning to upgrade to an i5-4670k in the future, that would be a good CPU to run with the GTX 770 right?
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
March 27, 2014 5:55:56 PM

yes that would bea great cpu...but games seem to be using more and more threads as the next gen of games wil unfold iwould not be surprised if the 4core 4 threads cpu might not be enough in2 or 3 years from now so maybe going with an 8 thread capable cpu either core i7 or fx-83xx for example might pay off big down the road...just saying...building from scratch woud pick an 8core the ps4 an xbone being 8thread capable machines...this will affect the way they will code the game down the road...
m
0
l