Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I have powerful pc but still I cant run games on better quality

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 26, 2014 12:59:27 PM

Recently I've bought new PC and it's supposed to be good, but I can't run games on better quality, Even if i run games on low graphics,they sometimes crash or lag a lot.Sometimes when I'm watching videos on youtube or googling something, it just freezes and sometimes I have to restart the PC.

My hardware:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 Eight Core Black Edition Vishera
GPU: MSI NVidia GT 630 2 GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX , Socket AM3+
RAM: Transcend 4GB DDR 3 1333 MHz
HDD: 500 GB Sata II Seagate/WD

Best solution

March 26, 2014 1:13:58 PM

Sorry to break it to you, but the GT 630 is not meant for gaming.
Share
March 26, 2014 1:14:50 PM

Eduello said:
Sorry to break it to you, but the GT 630 is not meant for gaming.


^ that. May be hard to hear...but your system is not meant to game.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 26, 2014 1:18:33 PM

senkasaw said:
Eduello said:
Sorry to break it to you, but the GT 630 is not meant for gaming.


^ that. May be hard to hear...but your system is not meant to game.


Well the CPU is good and 4 GB of ram should be able to handle most games.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:21:20 PM

Eduello said:
senkasaw said:
Eduello said:
Sorry to break it to you, but the GT 630 is not meant for gaming.


^ that. May be hard to hear...but your system is not meant to game.


Well the CPU is good and 4 GB of ram should be able to handle most games.


Yeah that's true. Maybe "system" was the wrong word :) 

Regardless, a gpu upgrade would help a lot. But if it is a prebuilt system, a PSU upgrade would likely be needed as well.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:22:56 PM

Agree that card is not a stellar gamer but the crashing and lagging sounds like overheating or some other hardware or driver issue. Check your temps and use latest drivers.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:23:58 PM

Better gpu and def 4gb more ram.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:31:05 PM

Thanks guys for help. I'm quite shocked... and pissed on seller.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:35:00 PM

Btw any suggestions for a new gpu?
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:36:11 PM

yeah, marketing for prebuilt machines is horrible.

What is your budget like? Also, we will need to know what kind of power supply you have...may need to upgrade that too.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:41:54 PM

Power supply: blueberry psb520 520w(is that enough?)
and budget si about 150$
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 1:49:44 PM

I maybe able to raise the budget up to 200-250$ so hit me with best you've got :D 
and can I put ddr5 gpu into this mothetboard?
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 2:00:46 PM

for around $150 I would get a gtx 660
for $250 a gtx 760

Tom's has good recommendations here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...

The 760 might be has powerful as you can go with that power supply.

Edit: Also, good amd options would be a r9 270 ($200) or r7 260x ($140-$150)
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 2:12:03 PM

senkasaw said:
for around $150 I would get a gtx 660
for $250 a gtx 760

Tom's has good recommendations here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...

The 760 might be has powerful as you can go with that power supply.

Edit: Also, good amd options would be a r9 270 ($200) or r7 260x ($140-$150)


Thank you very,very much for help.
m
0
l
March 26, 2014 2:14:15 PM

No problem! Good luck.
m
0
l
!