ganudvd

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
G3220 being haswell has better single core performance
It means if HT on i3 is disabled the i3 will be slower than the has well g3220
So if HT is turned on will it be equal to the g3220 or more in performance

rdc85

Honorable
HT only works if the game/apps can use it (coded for it) so it will not directly be better,
it will depends what u usually game/work with.

but most of today apps / games can use 2-4 core ..... (in there HT can helps )

I recommend the i3-3210 of the two.

I couldn't find any great reviews, though I did find THIS:
http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-pentium-g3220-processor-review_137016/10

However, there simply aren't enough games in the above review. Most weren't hardly bottlenecked at all in this review. This one was, but other games could be even worse.

HT:
Actually many games CAN use hyperthreading, and NO they don't have to be specifically coded to use it. From the point of view of Windows it's basically a 4-core CPU. I've even TESTED this myself by disabling TWO cores then testing a few games with and without HT and some did better with HT though I forget the results.

HT can add up to about 30% maximum improvement compared to being off but you likely wouldn't see that in most games. It would probably be somewhere between 0% and 20%.

Unfortunately, I really can't say how the CPU's compare. It's really just an educated guess so I can't be certain which CPU would perform better.

*My guess is the G3220 would perform better in games that aren't well threaded, and the i3-3210 would be best in better threaded games.

On average, I would bet on the i3-3210 as the best choice.

brianthesnail

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Hi there
yes,i would also go with the i3 3210 .... ive also recently made the step from a pentium (g620) to a "core" based cpu and the difference is noticable straight away
dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with the g3220 and as the benchmarks clearly show 39fps in metro last light at 1080p is more than playable .... however for the minimal short term savings the core i3 3210 is better and the hyper threading will help in certain situations
as photonboy stated HT can be used in certain games and many programs such as light video editing suites can also utelise the threads .. so yes the i3 3210 is the way to go
on the negative side you would need a new motherboard,however a entry level mobo can be snapped up for around £30/$45 ,however if your adding a dedicated graphic card you may be better off with a larger atx mobo which dont have sata ports affecting the pci-e x16 bus
the i3 3210 is the way to go ... even the haswell core i5,s are cheaper than the ivybridge equivelents

ganudvd

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
The only thing I do is gaming
Since I'm on limited Budget
I've selected GTX 750 if I get g3220
Or an HD 7770 if I get the i3
Which setup will provide me better fps in Games like battlefield 4 , assasin's creed 4 and saints row 4
Also I will play @720p with medium /high settings