Solved

Graphics card update Asus 280X-DC2T (power cosumption)

I'm planning on buying a ASUS 280X-DC2T
(Its the one i like and is also is in my budget so this is the one i will buy)

My got two questions :

1. Will this card fit nicely in my pc leaving a little room around for ventilation ?

2. What will be the power consumption and heating as i keep my rig running 24*7 ? (would you recommend it running 24*7 or should i do so with a different low power consuming PC that i have lying around)


P.S. I already have 4 fans (120 mm) inside cabinet running so its quite cool. I'm willing to install liquid cooling kit if it needs more cooling.


My system is :
Processor : AMD FX 6300
Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Ram : 8 GB DDR3 Vengence
Cabinet : Cooler Master Elite 431 plus
Graphics card : Nvidia 9500 GT
Power Supply : Cooler Master Thunder 600W
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card update asus 280x dc2t power cosumption
  1. Peak power consumption while mining was 257W. As for ventilation, I don't know how your case is set up, but I imagine it'll be fine.
  2. pyr0_m4n said:
    Peak power consumption while mining was 257W. As for ventilation, I don't know how your case is set up, but I imagine it'll be fine.


    mining sry but i dont knw what that means could u elobarate

    257w thats not much

    nd what about the 24*7 issue if u can help
  3. Best answer
    Piyush Umale said:
    pyr0_m4n said:
    Peak power consumption while mining was 257W. As for ventilation, I don't know how your case is set up, but I imagine it'll be fine.


    mining sry but i dont knw what that means could u elobarate

    257w thats not much

    nd what about the 24*7 issue if u can help


    Mining runs a card at max load. I just mean that's probably the highest you'll ever see that card get. As for the 24/7 issue, I've been running an xfx 7970 in a PC for over a month and it hasn't died yet. It gets a little hot, but as long as you have plenty of ventilation you should be fine.
  4. pyr0_m4n said:
    Piyush Umale said:
    pyr0_m4n said:
    Peak power consumption while mining was 257W. As for ventilation, I don't know how your case is set up, but I imagine it'll be fine.


    mining sry but i dont knw what that means could u elobarate

    257w thats not much

    nd what about the 24*7 issue if u can help


    Mining runs a card at max load. I just mean that's probably the highest you'll ever see that card get. As for the 24/7 issue, I've been running an xfx 7970 in a PC for over a month and it hasn't died yet. It gets a little hot, but as long as you have plenty of ventilation you should be fine.



    1 other thing do i need to install liquid cooling system or any other or will good ventilation do the trick
  5. Piyush Umale said:
    pyr0_m4n said:
    Piyush Umale said:
    pyr0_m4n said:
    Peak power consumption while mining was 257W. As for ventilation, I don't know how your case is set up, but I imagine it'll be fine.


    mining sry but i dont knw what that means could u elobarate

    257w thats not much

    nd what about the 24*7 issue if u can help


    Mining runs a card at max load. I just mean that's probably the highest you'll ever see that card get. As for the 24/7 issue, I've been running an xfx 7970 in a PC for over a month and it hasn't died yet. It gets a little hot, but as long as you have plenty of ventilation you should be fine.



    1 other thing do i need to install liquid cooling system or any other or will good ventilation do the trick


    Unless you do serious overclocking or changing the voltage, you should be fine
  6. pyr0_m4n said:
    Piyush Umale said:
    pyr0_m4n said:
    Piyush Umale said:
    pyr0_m4n said:
    Peak power consumption while mining was 257W. As for ventilation, I don't know how your case is set up, but I imagine it'll be fine.


    mining sry but i dont knw what that means could u elobarate

    257w thats not much

    nd what about the 24*7 issue if u can help


    Mining runs a card at max load. I just mean that's probably the highest you'll ever see that card get. As for the 24/7 issue, I've been running an xfx 7970 in a PC for over a month and it hasn't died yet. It gets a little hot, but as long as you have plenty of ventilation you should be fine.



    1 other thing do i need to install liquid cooling system or any other or will good ventilation do the trick


    Unless you do serious overclocking or changing the voltage, you should be fine


    Ok so i will be fine. Thank you very much for your time
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Graphics Cards Power Graphics