Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Hard drives that do not exist coming up

Last response: in Storage
Share
March 27, 2014 1:58:10 PM

I have two hard drives in my computer but it comes up that I have 5
Local disk (C: ) 931 gb
Local dick (E: ) 283 gb
but then D,F,G also come up and I don't have more, they are odd size types to.
198mb
13.8gb
103mb
File system on all hard drives are all NTFS format. Trying to reformat them does nothing. They are all empty.Error-checking come up with no errors on all drivers.This might have something to do with it http://puu.sh/7LSEw.png

If you guys need more info just ask, ill provide it.
It's not really a problem but just it bugging me why there 5 that come up.
____________________________________
Screenshots:
http://puu.sh/7LSqE.jpg
http://puu.sh/7LSEw.png <- one from above
http://puu.sh/7LSPA.jpg Readyboost? I don't have a flash drive in with readyboost.
a b G Storage
March 27, 2014 2:09:21 PM

I'm guessing you have one 1TB drive and one 300GB drive? It looks like the 500GB was split up into partitions. You should be able to delete them and reformat it with Disk Management.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 85 G Storage
March 27, 2014 2:12:51 PM

What we need is a screenshot of your disk management: right click on the computer icon on the desktop, goto manage / disk management. The following screen shows you, which partition is on which physical disk.
Share
Related resources
a b G Storage
March 27, 2014 2:48:29 PM

It would seem evident that you are running three virtual drives.
That is what the DT software is for to emulate a CD/DVD/or Bluray Iso image mounted to a virtual drive.


Run Dtsoft installed on your computer, in options you have an option to enable virtual drives and set how many, you have three setup simply set it to off, or disabled.

The virtual drives will auto run at windows start up and any Iso image mounted to the drive will display how large it is in Mb or Gb for the Iso Image.

DT will always retain the last Iso image mounted or selected. every time windows loads.

What it is actually reporting is the size of the Iso file based on the type of disk, CD DvD, Blue ray.
How much is used just like a CD, Dvd, disk.
And how much is free to write more data or another session.


m
0
l
March 27, 2014 5:44:48 PM

noidea_77 said:
What we need is a screenshot of your disk management: right click on the computer icon on the desktop, goto manage / disk management. The following screen shows you, which partition is on which physical disk.


http://puu.sh/7M8TF.png
m
0
l
March 27, 2014 5:46:02 PM

DonQuixoteMC said:
I'm guessing you have one 1TB drive and one 500GB drive? It looks like the 500GB was split up into partitions. You should be able to delete them and reformat it with Disk Management.


from the picture you can see it's 931 gb which is odd.
m
0
l
March 27, 2014 5:50:41 PM

Shaun o said:
It would seem evident that you are running three virtual drives.
That is what the DT software is for to emulate a CD/DVD/or Bluray Iso image mounted to a virtual drive.


Run Dtsoft installed on your computer, in options you have an option to enable virtual drives and set how many, you have three setup simply set it to off, or disabled.

The virtual drives will auto run at windows start up and any Iso image mounted to the drive will display how large it is in Mb or Gb for the Iso Image.

DT will always retain the last Iso image mounted or selected. every time windows loads.

What it is actually reporting is the size of the Iso file based on the type of disk, CD DvD, Blue ray.
How much is used just like a CD, Dvd, disk.
And how much is free to write more data or another session.




I opened dt, and nothing came up. No image catalog or recently used images come up.
m
0
l
a c 819 G Storage
March 27, 2014 5:53:12 PM

Nothing Odd about it.
931 GigaBytes = 1Terrabits. just like 1024 bits = 1kilobyte

m
1
l
March 27, 2014 6:02:49 PM

popatim said:
Nothing Odd about it.
931 GigaBytes = 1Terrabits. just like 1024 bits = 1kilobyte



oh I thought 1024 gb was 1tb
m
0
l
a c 819 G Storage
March 27, 2014 7:13:06 PM

Yes 1024 gigabytes = 1terrabyte = 1099511627776 bytes to a computer.
To manufacturers 1000000000000 bytes = 1tb
m
0
l
a c 85 G Storage
March 28, 2014 6:48:05 AM

mitcmack said:
noidea_77 said:
What we need is a screenshot of your disk management: right click on the computer icon on the desktop, goto manage / disk management. The following screen shows you, which partition is on which physical disk.


http://puu.sh/7M8TF.png

Ok, now we can see, that the fake disks/partitions are all on the physical 300GB disk. I have now idea, how you created this. It might be a previous operating system on the 300GB disk? Anyway: If want at least the 14GB of the F partition back, just right click in it and goto delete volume. The space will be shown as unallocated next. Now you can extend the e partition to this space. And you should format the removable disk2.
m
0
l
March 28, 2014 7:27:33 AM

noidea_77 said:
mitcmack said:
noidea_77 said:
What we need is a screenshot of your disk management: right click on the computer icon on the desktop, goto manage / disk management. The following screen shows you, which partition is on which physical disk.


http://puu.sh/7M8TF.png

Ok, now we can see, that the fake disks/partitions are all on the physical 300GB disk. I have now idea, how you created this. It might be a previous operating system on the 300GB disk? Anyway: If want at least the 14GB of the F partition back, just right click in it and goto delete volume. The space will be shown as unallocated next. Now you can extend the e partition to this space. And you should format the removable disk2.


No this os was not on a 300gb disk. BUT my local disk e is 300gb, so it's probably just partitions of it. Also there is not "Delete volume" but thats fine. I don't really need this fixed, but would be nice.
"And you should format the removable disk2." Already have done this before I added stuff to it, nothing happened. Just said it was successful at formatting.

but if you have any more idea your welcome to put them.
m
0
l
!