100 yard wi-fi receiver/ emitter?

luisvega

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014
I'm trying to receive Wi-Fi from neighbor because he says it's okay (no password). However, my problem is that none of my devices can receive the signal from approximately 100 yards away. Im wondering if there is a way to make or perhaps buy something that can receive the signal and send it out at full blast from where i am as if it were my own Wi-Fi bubble. I've tried with an old Direct TV antenna but it wouldn't work. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.

P.S. My main device is my Samsung Galaxy Mega (no USB port)... I also don't have a laptop...

Solution
You need a parabolic wifi antenna, antenna cable and a router that is capible of being upgraded to aftermarket firmware and has removable antennas. You can then mount and point your antenna towards your neighbor and configure the router as a wds repeater.
You need a parabolic wifi antenna, antenna cable and a router that is capible of being upgraded to aftermarket firmware and has removable antennas. You can then mount and point your antenna towards your neighbor and configure the router as a wds repeater.

Solution