Which 780 ti should I buy?

Bellaflica

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2014
I've heard good things about MSI, EVGA and Asus, but I'm not sure which one is best for me and there are so many different options.

Here's my rig specs:
I7 4770k
Asus Hero
Ax 760 psu
1440p monitor

I've never built a computer and have never overclocked, but I would like to a few years or so down the line.

Thanks for any suggestions!

all are great products and great quality. The MSI usually runs the highest stock clock speeds and asus usually runs the coolest. The evga falls inbetween depending on the model. I personally go with evga just for their quality and customer support.

Bellaflica

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks for your input.
The MSI one is just $660 after rebate, like $60 cheaper than the others. Seems like the best option to me. Is there anything worse about the MSI Gaming vs the others? Customer support or quality/cooling or anything?
And pyr0 what do you mean by "significant" overclock, those numbers are impressive but could you be more specific please?

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

I agree, yet have to disagree. I have yet to find a person/user or a reviewer that hasnt used a msi lightning and not walked away impressed. Every review ive read of the latest cards always put the lightning well above the rest. And alot of times the lightning is the only card that allows more voltage for further overclocking.

That said, Ive always had/used/recomended Evga and have never been disapointed.

Truthfully and as you suggest, all 3 cards are a winner. I would most likely go with the least expensive since all 3 are great cards.

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Well true that. But in that case the lightning is never the winner then. because even at its best sale ive never ever seen it closer than $40 to its counterparts.

Bellaflica

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2014
The only thing that worries me about asus is the low factory overclock but I guess that doesn't really matter much?
I've heard about a new asus 780 ti coming out like the matrix platinum or something should I wait for this or just buy one available now

I don't consider it to be just for overclockers. The GPU is simply a BEAST! LOL Here is a link to it from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Classified-Dual-Link-Graphics-04G-P4-3778-KR/dp/B00DBPU8B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395981641&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+classified+graphics+card

It costs over 400.00. It SHOULD be a beast! :D

I don't really view a product as "good for experienced overclockers" or not good. Every overclock is basically the same procedure as the next, so one GPU won't be significantly easier or harder to overclock.