I think looking past the game exclusivities, a PC its just made to outlast any console.
You can buy a PS4, at the moment it's power can be paired with a well built computer. But in the end, the console will just become obsolete (event if it lasts 10 years). Whereas a computer can always be upgraded. I've been using the same computer for about 3 years now and it has gone throught some serious modifications. (Money-wise, I've spent as much money as buying a console)
Most anyone on this site will tell you built a gaming PC over a console. However, if it is a PlayStation exclusive title, you will need a console. Most PC gamers also have one console or another. I know I love the PS3 exclusives, so that is what I have. I'll pick up a PS4 once game prices go down and there are a bunch out that already that I can pick up cheap. No rush on it for me as I still have PS3 titles to play though.
You have to know what games you want to play most. A PC can be upgraded through the years, which can get expensive, but you get great hardware that will surpass any console. A console will last you about 10 years and ultimately is cheaper on hardware.
Comes down to personal preference an your wallet. There are several things to consider here....
- Exclusives for either PC or PS4
- Your budget
- How much time you spend playing video games
- How much free time you have to be able to build your own computer (doesn't take long but first time it might)
- Do you often have friends or family that enjoy playing with your or on the system
- Do you have a nice TV already that would take full advantage of a PS4 cause you will need a decent monitor to enjoy PC gaming in the same light as PS4
- How much space do you have for a computer desk
- Do you often get frustrated easily when trying to do something yourself over an over until you figure it out (PC may run you into that here an there)
- Do you care about graphics a lot or do you have a balance feeling between graphics an gameplay (PC will offer better graphics)
The list could go on but those are some things I could think of.