Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Intel 520 SSD

Last response: in Storage
Share
March 28, 2014 1:18:55 PM

Hello,

How would you rate my SSD's benchmark results?



http://postimg.org/image/4738geltj/

More about : intel 520 ssd

a c 539 G Storage
a b å Intel
March 28, 2014 1:24:28 PM

What is your motherboard model?
m
0
l
March 28, 2014 1:44:32 PM

Dereck47 said:
What is your motherboard model?


Asus P8P67 DELUXE. I think the SSD is connected in an 6Gb/s port.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 539 G Storage
a b å Intel
March 28, 2014 1:58:39 PM

Your benchmark results indicate that your SSD is connected to a SATA 2 (3Gb/s) port.

Your drive should be connected to port SATA6G_1 or SATA6G_2 (in AHCI mode).
See page 2-25 of your motherboard manual for the location of the ports.
Share
March 28, 2014 2:01:58 PM

Dereck47 said:
Your benchmark results indicate that your SSD is connected to a SATA 2 (3Gb/s) port.

Your drive should be connected to port SATA6G_1 or SATA6G_2 (in AHCI mode).
See page 2-25 of your motherboard manual for the location of the ports.


Allright, I'll give it a try and check the speeds. Thank you!
m
0
l
March 28, 2014 2:17:50 PM

Dereck47 said:
Your benchmark results indicate that your SSD is connected to a SATA 2 (3Gb/s) port.

Your drive should be connected to port SATA6G_1 or SATA6G_2 (in AHCI mode).
See page 2-25 of your motherboard manual for the location of the ports.


http://postimg.org/image/3t93s7q1p/

You where right! Huge performance increase, thank you!

Any other tips for squeezing more speed out of it?
m
0
l
a c 539 G Storage
a b å Intel
March 28, 2014 2:27:30 PM

Your Write speeds should be slightly higher.
If you have the drive connected to SATA6G_1 then connect it to SATA6G_2. If you have the drive connected to SATA6G_2 then connect it to SATA6G_1.

If you don't see any increase in performance then update your AHCI drivers and see if that helps any.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?Dwnld...
m
0
l
March 29, 2014 1:35:25 AM

Dereck47 said:
Your Write speeds should be slightly higher.
If you have the drive connected to SATA6G_1 then connect it to SATA6G_2. If you have the drive connected to SATA6G_2 then connect it to SATA6G_1.

If you don't see any increase in performance then update your AHCI drivers and see if that helps any.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?Dwnld...


http://postimg.org/image/52bd0zrot/

Got an increase when I changed from SATA6G_X to SATA6G_Y, do you think I still should update the ACHI drivers?

Update:

I tried the ATTO benchmark, here are the results:

http://postimg.org/image/pg0mfftil/

Does this mean that my SSD is slightly better than it is rated for?
m
0
l
a c 539 G Storage
a b å Intel
March 29, 2014 5:11:47 AM

Eriksen89 said:
Does this mean that my SSD is slightly better than it is rated for?


Yes, that's what it means. :) 

No need to update your AHCI drivers if you don't want to. You are good-to-go! :) 

m
0
l
March 29, 2014 11:01:05 AM

Dereck47 said:
Eriksen89 said:
Does this mean that my SSD is slightly better than it is rated for?


Yes, that's what it means. :) 

No need to update your AHCI drivers if you don't want to. You are good-to-go! :) 



Alright, thank you! :) 
m
0
l
!