Solved

$1500-$1600 Gaming PC Build

This is my first build, and I want a high end PC. I need all of the parts including monitor, keyboard, and mouse. My budget is $1500-$1600. I will not need an OS. I hope to SLI and upgrade to 4770k in the future. I will most likely overclock at least the GPU.

This is what I have so far:
UPDATED
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3jqXR

I have chosen the 860W Platinum PSU because I want to SLI without needing a new power supply.

Is this build good?

Thank you for your help!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1500 1600 gaming build
  1. The build looks pretty good, only thing to add would be a SSD for boot up and applications. If it is not in your budget now you can add it on later.
  2. very quality build.

Only recommendations would be to change HDD to a WD caviar blue or a hitachi, the barracuda sucks.

The hyper 212 is a very nice cooler, but if you want any serious OC done you will need more cooling.

Look into a SSD when you can, they are amazing.
  3. Best answer
    I would change the PSU - there really isn't much of a difference between 80+ Bronze / Silver / Gold / Platinum, and the Corsair AXi series are marginal at best, they're not manufactured by Seasonic or Super Flower (Flextronics, actually) and the iLink software is only so so. I didn't see a GPU in your build though and if you want to SLI that's a must.

Maybe do something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($51.94 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($84.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($346.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Phantom (Black/Green) ATX Full Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($142.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($21.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($102.98 @ Best Buy)
    Total: $1374.82
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-28 21:15 EDT-0400)

Then you can add whatever monitor, keyboard and mouse you want.
  4. Good build, I'd lose the mobo, poor QC, and go the Asus Z87-A or the Rock's EX4 at that price point, adding a SSD would be good for overall system performance
  5. I have updated my build above based on the suggestions.

I am keeping the 212 EVO because I wont be doing any serious OC. I am new to it and won't need a powerful cooler until I upgrade the CPU (most likely to a 4770k).

Thank you everyone for your help.
  6. Let us know how the build goes (and don't let the telephone pole bite back ;) )
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Gaming Build Systems