Best 780 Model?

sammydonn

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014
I was going to buy a 290 but with there price increases and the 708s price decreases I have decided to buy a 780. That being said, I was wondering which 780 model was the best, I am looking to spend the least amount of money, staying as close to $500 as possible but bang for the buck is the most important thing for me. I will be playing games like BF4, ARMA 3 and a few others. Right now the Gigabyte one seems to be the best: (www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125488)

Many Thanks.

Solution

If you want a quiet card, probably Asus is the best for that situation. The Asus 780 is at a 515 price point now of days so I would recommend either waiting for black friday if you want the price lower. But if you need it now then...

CondemnedShadow

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014

If you want a quiet card, probably Asus is the best for that situation. The Asus 780 is at a 515 price point now of days so I would recommend either waiting for black friday if you want the price lower. But if you need it now then you have to go 15 dollars over budget. Also the 780 acx cooling card is great variant of the 780. These two are my best picks and they are both great cards. I don't know about the gigabyte card but there is a free game with it so if you want that then get the gigabyte. I don't have any knowledge of gigabyte cards either but people say that they are a good company. These three are all good choices and can all serve you well. Just depends on what factors you are looking for.

Edit: The EVGA 780 CLASSIFIED is the same price as the gigabyte version of the card so that is another option. I would do some research yourself to see which one you like the best. Someone else can add on to my train of thought if needed.

Solution

bac0n

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
I have the EVGA 780 SC which uses the reference design and cooler that exhausts air out the back of the case. This card behaves great for me. The majority of the cards that have custom coolers exhaust in the case but move more air. To me they are all very similar but for me the decision was all about the cooling design as I wanted as quiet as a build as possible so I don't have many fans or crazy amounts of case airflow.

Bac0n