Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can someone put together a list for a Gaming PC without RAM, optical drive, or storage hdd?

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 30, 2014 12:52:25 PM

I'm thinking of doing a new build for roughly 750$ and wanted to see what you guys would think of as a good choice! As in, can you put a list together for me to see what people are going for these days?

I don't need RAM, a storage hdd (ssd a must), or an optical drive. This is going to be used almost entirely for gaming so performance is key, though I don't really want to overclock or add SLI/Crossfire. Thanks and have fun!
March 30, 2014 1:11:12 PM

Based on a deal offered by microcenter, if you can't go to a microcenter, it will cost you more for these components and you may need to consider others:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($56.51 @ Newegg)
Total: $762.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-30 16:10 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 1:14:16 PM

Seeking Solace said:
Based on a deal offered by microcenter, if you can't go to a microcenter, it will cost you more for these components and you may need to consider others:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($56.51 @ Newegg)
Total: $762.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-30 16:10 EDT-0400)


How would an fx-8320 and a gtx 770 compare to that build? and Newegg says they're out of stock of that specific PSU...
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 30, 2014 1:23:55 PM

770 would be better than the 760. Nothing wrong with the 8320, though AMD tend to run hotter than Intel so that would be a personal choice for you.

PSU...hmmm

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($139.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($73.48 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($319.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $769.41
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-30 16:23 EDT-0400)
Share
March 30, 2014 1:58:57 PM

Seeking Solace said:
770 would be better than the 760. Nothing wrong with the 8320, though AMD tend to run hotter than Intel so that would be a personal choice for you.

PSU...hmmm

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($139.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($73.48 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($319.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $769.41
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-30 16:23 EDT-0400)


Solid build, +1. For the PSU, I think i'm gonna go with this one instead however, Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Also, NCIXUS has the asus brand 770 on sale right now for 10$ cheaper than the MSI one, and i'm a sucker for ASUS.
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 4:45:01 PM

Excellent, good luck with your build. I hope it works out for you.
I would close by asking you think about your PSU, Corsair CX series are reported to be badly made and not a very good choice for gaming systems. Something about cheap Chinese capacitors. I don't know how much better the Antec is, just that I've noticed it a preferred choice by other posters on this forum.

Happy Gaming :) 
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 5:33:19 PM

Seeking Solace said:
Excellent, good luck with your build. I hope it works out for you.
I would close by asking you think about your PSU, Corsair CX series are reported to be badly made and not a very good choice for gaming systems. Something about cheap Chinese capacitors. I don't know how much better the Antec is, just that I've noticed it a preferred choice by other posters on this forum.

Happy Gaming :) 


I've been hearing the same however all the reviews i've seen of it have been generallly positive.

Do you know how reliable the TX series is?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 5:55:03 PM

I don't, no, but reading about the TX series it looks like the nonmodular TX PSUs come from a SeaSonic design who make good PSUs. If I remember what I read here correctly, the cheaper capacitors were seen in the CWT designs which I think is where the CX series comes from and also the Modular versions of the TX series.

I could be wrong about that, however.
m
0
l
March 31, 2014 7:24:28 PM

Seeking Solace said:
I don't, no, but reading about the TX series it looks like the nonmodular TX PSUs come from a SeaSonic design who make good PSUs. If I remember what I read here correctly, the cheaper capacitors were seen in the CWT designs which I think is where the CX series comes from and also the Modular versions of the TX series.

I could be wrong about that, however.


Yeah, right now i'm looking at the Rosewill Green RG630, from the in depth reviews i've seen, it seems to be pretty high quality.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
!