Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this a good gaming pc for under 600$ ???

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 30, 2014 10:07:27 PM

I was wondering if this build is the best (max) for under this. I understand that I have a low storage ssd in there, but thats for my os, I plan to use a hdd from my laptop for installing games etc.

Anyways, if there is anything I can improve on that can keep the price under 600$ would be nice. I just want to make sure I get the best pc that this price can give me. (Cant go any higher than 610$ My parents are limiting my funds.)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LegendOfLich/saved/44Nw

Also there is 2400Mhz ram for the same price as ram in the build, is it worth it??? Or should I just stick with the ram I have.

More about : good gaming 600

March 30, 2014 10:17:39 PM

Seems good but if you are set back with a budget here is a list i made:
CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.94 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($112.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2250wm-LED 21.5" Monitor ($112.05 @ J&R)
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 10:22:22 PM

bubbleradish said:
Seems good but if you are set back with a budget here is a list i made:
CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.94 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($112.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2250wm-LED 21.5" Monitor ($112.05 @ J&R)


I already have the monitor and os disc.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 380 4 Gaming
March 30, 2014 10:26:21 PM

bubbleradish said:
Seems good but if you are set back with a budget here is a list i made:
CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.94 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($112.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2250wm-LED 21.5" Monitor ($112.05 @ J&R)


You really don't want an fx4300. It was not a very good CPU when it came out and is just low end. The 6300 is what you want.

That motherboard is known for fires and overheating to the point of total failure. it needs to be changed.

The 750ti performs better than the hd7790.

Also, don't even bother with the SSD. 64gb is small even for just the OS. Forget it. USe the money on something else like a better PSU (antec VP-450) and a better GPU.
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 10:31:25 PM

I'd sacrifice a little bit of performance and get a standard hdd because if your gaming you could fill that 64gb hard drive fast and i really don't think (i've never had a ssd) their would be to drastic of a difference to have so little space

*edit* sorry i missed the part about you already having another disk drive
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 30, 2014 10:32:58 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($107.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($55.46 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($215.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $597.39
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-31 01:32 EDT-0400)

Much much better graphics card :) 
m
0
l
a c 380 4 Gaming
March 30, 2014 10:32:59 PM

There is no gaming performance gain at all for an SSD. They are for fast boot times. That's about it. I don't even have one in my computer.
m
0
l
a c 380 4 Gaming
March 30, 2014 10:33:56 PM

zemiak said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($107.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($55.46 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($215.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $597.39
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-31 01:32 EDT-0400)

Much much better graphics card :) 


PSU is barely average quality though. Definitely change it.
Antec, XFX, Seasonic, Corsair (Not CX, CS, RM).
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 30, 2014 10:35:59 PM

The power supply is definitely not terrible, its decent and will be sufficient for his needs. But anyway here:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($107.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($55.46 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($215.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($56.51 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $608.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-31 01:37 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
a c 380 4 Gaming
March 30, 2014 10:38:33 PM

I would not get a CX unit apart from the cx430. They are made with LOW end capacitors and fail very easily. The cx600 has the same cheap capacitors as the cx500 and they are not good at all. Honestly, they barely pass bronze ratings and frequently go out of spec. I would never trust a build to a CX PSU. They are simply not good. There are threads here all the time about them failing and completely frying people's computers. Why risk everything when for $5-$10 more you can have a 100% better quality unit.
m
0
l
a c 380 4 Gaming
March 30, 2014 10:39:04 PM

zemiak said:
The power supply is definitely not terrible, its decent and will be sufficient for his needs. But anyway here:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($107.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($55.46 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($215.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($56.51 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $608.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-31 01:37 EDT-0400)


This is a much better option.
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 10:47:25 PM

well if you already have a hdd why spend an extra $50 for 64bg for almost no proformance change when you could put the money else where. I just recently built my first full fledged build and when i did i saved A LOT of money buy using parts off of a cheap computer that was laying around (case, dvd drive, 2gb of extra ram). so if you have an older one that you are not going to use that much it could come in handy for parts
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 11:02:18 PM

manchildjt said:
well if you already have a hdd why spend an extra $50 for 64bg for almost no proformance change when you could put the money else where. I just recently built my first full fledged build and when i did i saved A LOT of money buy using parts off of a cheap computer that was laying around (case, dvd drive, 2gb of extra ram). so if you have an older one that you are not going to use that much it could come in handy for parts


Well, now that I thought about it, Ill just buy an hdd. The one I was gonna add was 300gb 5400 (or 5200 cant remember) rpm.
m
0
l
March 30, 2014 11:12:15 PM

Well, after reviewing everyones answers, I hope to see more advice on what I should do about my build. So here is an updated version of the build. I want to thank everyone for the advice. I wont have my money for the build in about a few weeks, so keep the comments and advice coming.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LegendOfLich/saved/44Nw
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 30, 2014 11:38:33 PM

I noticed you still have the GTX 750 Ti as your GPU...The R9 270x will perform MUCH better than the 750Ti. The build I suggested is much better than the one you have there
m
0
l
March 31, 2014 2:08:23 AM

zemiak said:
I noticed you still have the GTX 750 Ti as your GPU...The R9 270x will perform MUCH better than the 750Ti. The build I suggested is much better than the one you have there


Ill make sure to change that asap.
m
0
l
a c 380 4 Gaming
March 31, 2014 6:22:05 AM

LegendOfLich said:
Well, after reviewing everyones answers, I hope to see more advice on what I should do about my build. So here is an updated version of the build. I want to thank everyone for the advice. I wont have my money for the build in about a few weeks, so keep the comments and advice coming.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LegendOfLich/saved/44Nw


Change the PSU to an XFX550 for the same money and the GPU to the r9 270x and you are golden!
m
0
l
!