Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need Help With Building a Gaming PC

Tags:
  • Building
  • Gaming
  • Help
  • Desktops
  • PC
  • Graphics
  • Specs
  • New Build
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 31, 2014 1:03:07 AM

I was planning on building a gaming PC in about a year and I was wondering if there is anything else I need when building a PC, and if my specs are good. I have never built a desktop in my life and I thought this would be a fun, new experience. This PC would cost around $1,400.

SPECS

Case - Rosewill THOR V2

Processor - Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)

Graphics Card - GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Ram - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-Z87-DS3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Power Supply - Rosewill CAPSTONE-750 750W

Hard Drive - Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST1000NM0023 1TB 7200 RPM 128MB

SSD - SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120KW 2.5" TLC Internal Solid State Drive

DVD - SAMSUNG DVD Burner

Monitor - Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers

I want to be able to play games such as BF4, Rust, Tom Clancy's The Divison, and many more games on High Graphics.

Thanks

More about : building gaming

March 31, 2014 1:09:19 AM

That seems nice. But you might want to get a 780 ti Graphics card just to make sure ;) 
m
0
l

Best solution

March 31, 2014 1:12:41 AM

well there are a few things you should do for both money reasons and general quality, while rosewill's stuff isn't bad that case is kinda meh for the money and i might recommend somthing from corsair (750d) or nzxt (phantom 620). also i wouldn't get that psu, switch it out for the cooler master v-750 as that's a slightly cheaper psu with really really great quality. if you plan to make this a gaming centered rig than the i7 is overkill, you will see none (well ok maybe 1 or 2) fps better than the i5, save the money and put it toward something like a 770 or 780. and finally, again i would say pull some funds from the case and cpu and get a better gpu, the 760 is good, but if your spending that kind of money then you should at least get some better parts to make it all on similar level! other than that looks good!
Share
Related resources
March 31, 2014 1:13:43 AM

NorwegianWarfare said:
That seems nice. But you might want to get a 780 ti Graphics card just to make sure ;) 



I would probally upgrade to that in the future right now it's a little bit out of my price range.
m
0
l
March 31, 2014 1:15:16 AM

misfitkid86 said:
well there are a few things you should do for both money reasons and general quality, while rosewill's stuff isn't bad that case is kinda meh for the money and i might recommend somthing from corsair (750d) or nzxt (phantom 620). also i wouldn't get that psu, switch it out for the cooler master v-750 as that's a slightly cheaper psu with really really great quality. if you plan to make this a gaming centered rig than the i7 is overkill, you will see none (well ok maybe 1 or 2) fps better than the i5, save the money and put it toward something like a 770 or 780. and finally, again i would say pull some funds from the case and cpu and get a better gpu, the 760 is good, but if your spending that kind of money then you should at least get some better parts to make it all on similar level! other than that looks good!



Alright sounds good thanks for the response and I will definitely make those changes.
m
0
l
March 31, 2014 1:21:01 AM

LoganMc24 said:
misfitkid86 said:
well there are a few things you should do for both money reasons and general quality, while rosewill's stuff isn't bad that case is kinda meh for the money and i might recommend somthing from corsair (750d) or nzxt (phantom 620). also i wouldn't get that psu, switch it out for the cooler master v-750 as that's a slightly cheaper psu with really really great quality. if you plan to make this a gaming centered rig than the i7 is overkill, you will see none (well ok maybe 1 or 2) fps better than the i5, save the money and put it toward something like a 770 or 780. and finally, again i would say pull some funds from the case and cpu and get a better gpu, the 760 is good, but if your spending that kind of money then you should at least get some better parts to make it all on similar level! other than that looks good!



Alright sounds good thanks for the response and I will definitely make those changes.


no prob, just have fun and you can't really go wrong!
m
0
l
March 31, 2014 1:38:16 AM

misfitkid86 said:
LoganMc24 said:
misfitkid86 said:
well there are a few things you should do for both money reasons and general quality, while rosewill's stuff isn't bad that case is kinda meh for the money and i might recommend somthing from corsair (750d) or nzxt (phantom 620). also i wouldn't get that psu, switch it out for the cooler master v-750 as that's a slightly cheaper psu with really really great quality. if you plan to make this a gaming centered rig than the i7 is overkill, you will see none (well ok maybe 1 or 2) fps better than the i5, save the money and put it toward something like a 770 or 780. and finally, again i would say pull some funds from the case and cpu and get a better gpu, the 760 is good, but if your spending that kind of money then you should at least get some better parts to make it all on similar level! other than that looks good!




Alright sounds good thanks for the response and I will definitely make those changes.


no prob, just have fun and you can't really go wrong!


Alright I made some changes and this is what I changed up

Case - NZXT Phantom 530 White ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Graphics - EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 2GB

Power Supply - SeaSonic S12G-750 750W

Processor - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

However with changing the case (it including cooling fans) I now need a cooling system. What would you recommend?


m
0
l
March 31, 2014 1:50:25 AM

LoganMc24 said:
misfitkid86 said:
LoganMc24 said:
misfitkid86 said:
well there are a few things you should do for both money reasons and general quality, while rosewill's stuff isn't bad that case is kinda meh for the money and i might recommend somthing from corsair (750d) or nzxt (phantom 620). also i wouldn't get that psu, switch it out for the cooler master v-750 as that's a slightly cheaper psu with really really great quality. if you plan to make this a gaming centered rig than the i7 is overkill, you will see none (well ok maybe 1 or 2) fps better than the i5, save the money and put it toward something like a 770 or 780. and finally, again i would say pull some funds from the case and cpu and get a better gpu, the 760 is good, but if your spending that kind of money then you should at least get some better parts to make it all on similar level! other than that looks good!




Alright sounds good thanks for the response and I will definitely make those changes.


no prob, just have fun and you can't really go wrong!


Alright I made some changes and this is what I changed up

Case - NZXT Phantom 530 White ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Graphics - EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 2GB

Power Supply - SeaSonic S12G-750 750W

Processor - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

However with changing the case (it including cooling fans) I now need a cooling system. What would you recommend?




the new parts are good, though you need the 4670k as the ivey bridge stuff won't work with z78. and the case will have some fans, i recommend buying a better cpu cooler for sound and overclocking, something like a corsair h100i or the nzxt kraken series will work well and be way better than stock.
m
0
l
March 31, 2014 1:57:40 AM

misfitkid86 said:
LoganMc24 said:
misfitkid86 said:
LoganMc24 said:
12999748,0,753000 said:
well there are a few things you should do for both money reasons and general quality, while rosewill's stuff isn't bad that case is kinda meh for the money and i might recommend somthing from corsair (750d) or nzxt (phantom 620). also i wouldn't get that psu, switch it out for the cooler master v-750 as that's a slightly cheaper psu with really really great quality. if you plan to make this a gaming centered rig than the i7 is overkill, you will see none (well ok maybe 1 or 2) fps better than the i5, save the money and put it toward something like a 770 or 780. and finally, again i would say pull some funds from the case and cpu and get a better gpu, the 760 is good, but if your spending that kind of money then you should at least get some better parts to make it all on similar level! other than that looks good!
said:




Alright sounds good thanks for the response and I will definitely make those changes.
said:


no prob, just have fun and you can't really go wrong!
said:


Alright I made some changes and this is what I changed up

Case - NZXT Phantom 530 White ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Graphics - EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 2GB

Power Supply - SeaSonic S12G-750 750W

Processor - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

However with changing the case (it including cooling fans) I now need a cooling system. What would you recommend?


said:


the new parts are good, though you need the 4670k as the ivey bridge stuff won't work with z78. and the case will have some fans, i recommend buying a better cpu cooler for sound and overclocking, something like a corsair h100i or the nzxt kraken series will work well and be way better than stock.[/quotemsg

Alright sounds good thanks for your help I appreciate it.
m
0
l
!