Solved

Motherboard broken, need to replace. What is compatible?

My motherboard's model number is P8H61-M LX2 I need to replace it but I have no idea what would be compatible with the rest of the stuff I have.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard broken replace compatible
  1. Ballysta said:
    My motherboard's model number is P8H61-M LX2 I need to replace it but I have no idea what would be compatible with the rest of the stuff I have.


    What other hardware do you have? What do you want to do with it? How much are you willing to spend?

    General recommendation: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-b75mr20
  2. its a standard socket 1155 atx motherboard so theres a pretty big choice.
  3. I have an i5 2320, radeon 6700 series. I'm not sure what other information you need. I just need to know what to look for to replace it. I'd rather not replace anything else if it can be helped. I just don't know how to tell if a new mobo will be compatible with what I have.
  4. Best answer
    Ballysta said:


    That board would not work, your original board is microATX. THe board you just linked is ATX.

    This would be a good replacement board: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-b75mr20

    Based on your original motherboard, you will not need to replace anything. You may/will need to reinstall Windows however.
  5. DonQuixoteMC said:
    Ballysta said:


    That board would not work, your original board is microATX. THe board you just linked is ATX.

    This would be a good replacement board: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-b75mr20

    Based on your original motherboard, you will not need to replace anything. You may/will need to reinstall Windows however.


    How can you tell if you have a microATX or ATX? You say microATX but the person above said a standard ATX.
  6. Several ways to tell:
    Often, when there is an "M" after the model (ex: P8H61-M LX2), I've found that the board is often a microATX board. That's only an indicator, do further research in case that standard doesn't always hold true.

    The only surefire way is to look at the spec sheet of the board itself. Your motherboard (according to its specifications sheet) has the microATX form factor (µATX or more commonly, uATX). Seen here. (scroll to the bottom, look for the "Form Factor" secton)

    The picture of your motherboard (on the manufacturer's web-page) is misleading, because it really looks more like an ATX board there. (I trust specs more)

    I hope that helps!
  7. DonQuixoteMC said:
    Several ways to tell:
    Often, when there is an "M" after the model (ex: P8H61-M LX2), I've found that the board is often a microATX board. That's only an indicator, do further research in case that standard doesn't always hold true.

    The only surefire way is to look at the spec sheet of the board itself. Your motherboard (according to its specifications sheet) has the microATX form factor (µATX or more commonly, uATX). Seen here. (scroll to the bottom, look for the "Form Factor" secton)

    The picture of your motherboard (on the manufacturer's web-page) is misleading, because it really looks more like an ATX board there. (I trust specs more)

    I hope that helps!


    Thank you very much. That helps a lot!
  8. No problem! Happy I could help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Compatibility