7970 best card for 1600 by 900

schau314

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Is the 7970 by gigabyte a good price for 200 dollars. It seems fair, but I want to know if this card is overkill for this resolution in the future. I don't mind playing at modest settings in the future. The card seems like too much for that resolution, but at the same point for 200 dollars a new card would not be an improvement.

Solution
It is a little overkill but means as well it is future proof as games become more graphics intensive. $200 is a great price for that card.

schau314

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
I trust the source since it is on our own forum under for sale right now. I know he or she has the item and it is working and still under warranty. The seller is willing to rma if need be. I can not think of a negative to this situation unless the item arrives broken after the time
I can file a claim through paypal.

schau314

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
I just hope the customs police don't take it. The estimated delivery is 3-4 weeks though. I hope it is sooner but hong kong is pretty far away. Do you think I should try to bargain for faster shipping.

That is up to you and probably you would have to pay the difference.The member has not been here a month though and these are selling way over 300 for mining rigs!

schau314

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah, I had bought a processor and motherboard and do have a tracking number for those from him. That was shipped yesterday but the tracking number will take a day or 2 to update. The price is fair and I don't see anything fishy.

schau314

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Do you think it looks safe. That is my only concern at this moment since i can aford to take a 180 dollar hit on the processor and motherboard shipped but a 380 dollar hit would be a little hard to recover from. Can you check out the current post, btw that is me trying to help him by saying helpful and such.

schau314

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
That is a good point. That seems like a very tempting price but I think I should pass. I do not understand why noone else is interested. What could I ask before buying it that would give me better proof though, i wish he was in the states. I assumed so from the price in us dollars. Also you think he would not care to barter and give a much lower price if it was just a scam. Have you bought any graphics cards from another country of from many states away before.

If he bought a CPU on this forum just over 2 weeks ago and you bought it of him again how can he have it to ship to you if shipping is 4 weeks? Just saying! Maybe alerting the moderation team would be in order.

schau314

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
He chose a cheaper shipping method. I think it was acutally the 7th of last month. That means he received it and immediately tried to resell. I think this might of been a small mistake he probably overclocked to death or something. I will request a refund if it arrives dead or doesn't arrive.

schau314

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
That is a good point. Well i see he has pictures of the build assembled though so that is a little strange. I will play it by ear, but It might be a small misunderstanding. Worse case scenario I'm out 180 bucks but that is not the worst thing in the world