780 Reference or Non-Reference?

Jhact-1385607

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I know that non-reference is better for me, since I have an NZXT Phantom with very good airflow, but I really like the stock cooler design. Especially the green led Geforce logo on the side. I was wondering if any non-reference card would out-perform the reference card by enough to be worth it to me?

Solution
i also think the reference cooler is quite sexy with the lilluminated geforce logo and everything, but its performance is nowhere near the after market 2/3 fans coolers, i would go with unreference card, the twinfroz is very silent and runs very cool with it's big fans BTW...i love mine.
The only reason i would pick the reference one is if you have a small case that is not well ventilated as the blower fan on the reference design throw the heat away by a rear exaust instead of pushing heat into your case...if you have a gaming case with 2 fans+ then it's a go for OC cards...

Spencer993

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Non-reference cards have slightly better cooling solutions, sometimes way better, but I personally love the reference design for the GTX 780. It's up to you- design or cooling?

paitjsu sadff

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
i also think the reference cooler is quite sexy with the lilluminated geforce logo and everything, but its performance is nowhere near the after market 2/3 fans coolers, i would go with unreference card, the twinfroz is very silent and runs very cool with it's big fans BTW...i love mine.
The only reason i would pick the reference one is if you have a small case that is not well ventilated as the blower fan on the reference design throw the heat away by a rear exaust instead of pushing heat into your case...if you have a gaming case with 2 fans+ then it's a go for OC cards...

Solution

paitjsu sadff

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014

Nice have fun with your new card!
you'll see, they are BEAST !!!! hehe