Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

PC cant run "heavy" games but can run another games - GTX 770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 1, 2014 5:22:33 PM

Hey,

Just bought a new case(corsair500R) and placed every shit on its place.

But problems rise when running heavy games like BioShock, Hitman, Crisys 3 resulting a freezing windows, black screen and a buzzy sound.. yet that just happens after some minutes playing those heavy games!

Strange that playing Dark Soul 1, Skyrim, AC3..runs pretty well and running Metro on SteamOS runs too very fine.

Everything was fine on old case.

Rig:
i5 3330
GTX 770
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Corsair 600w
NVIDIA 335.23 WHQL (older too freezing black screen)
SteamOS (331 WQL)
Windows 8 64bit

Thanks...
April 1, 2014 5:26:41 PM

how much ram is installed on your system?
is your CPU/GPU overclocked? (sounds a hell lot like a bad/too much overclocking to me...)
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
April 1, 2014 5:28:26 PM

You are running a 64 bit install of Windows 8 I assume?

Did you fully patch Windows? You should run the Windows Update and verify it's all up to date as well.

What PSU are you using?
m
0
l
Related resources
April 1, 2014 5:28:53 PM

Yep...update infos! No Overclock. And MSI afterburn state :
GPU temp:75
CPU temp: 54
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 5:52:54 PM

have you tried re-installing the driver for your onboard sound device? in device manager does everything showing up with a yellow '' ! '' next to it?
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 6:11:11 PM

paitjsu sadff said:
have you tried re-installing the driver for your onboard sound device? in device manager does everything showing up with a yellow '' ! '' next to it?


Ok. Wil try now...[edit]yep no changes yet.
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
April 1, 2014 7:53:39 PM

What PSU?
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 8:02:00 PM

Corsair 600W. Damn I had prefer buy a new MOBO AND CPU than sending it to warrant. lol...that is just TOO much fuzz!
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 8:05:12 PM

goCorinthians said:
Corsair 600W. Damn I had prefer buy a new MOBO AND CPU than sending it to warrant. lol...that is just TOO much fuzz!

If other games are running fine even tho they are maybe not as heavy that means there is nothing wrong with your hardware wich is a good news...it has to be either software related or driver related.
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 8:08:52 PM

Might be a loose cable after the case switch. If a cable is hitting a fan (especially a CPU or GPU fan) it will make a loud buzzing, cause the component to overheat and cause the problems you mentioned. If the cable is close to the fan, as you play games that require more resources, the fan speeds up and pulls the cable into itself.

It's a possibility, happened to a "friend" of mine. Check your cablefu.
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 8:13:33 PM

noahhicks said:
Might be a loose cable after the case switch. If a cable is hitting a fan (especially a CPU or GPU fan) it will make a loud buzzing, cause the component to overheat and cause the problems you mentioned. If the cable is close to the fan, as you play games that require more resources, the fan speeds up and pulls the cable into itself.

It's a possibility, happened to a "friend" of mine. Check your cablefu.

LOL, i think the ''buzzy'' sound he is refering to is more like the looping sound when his PC hang-up and black screen out...i would bet this is simply a driver issue or something similar, maybe a faulty ram stick is likely to cause that kind of hang-up, to make sure i would run MemTest to see if all the ram on the PC is in working condition...
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 8:26:42 PM

Ok. got some space out now. Now MemTEST
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 8:31:01 PM

goCorinthians said:
Ok. cable close got some space out now. Now MemTEST


Absolutely NO errors are ok for memtest, if ANY error is found during the test that means a ram stick is faulty, find wich one it is by inserting only one ram stick in the PC and run memtest again on it...

m
0
l
April 1, 2014 8:31:01 PM

is that a bottleneck gpu?

i think your cpu is bringing your gpu down
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
April 1, 2014 8:34:56 PM

goCorinthians said:
Corsair 600W. Damn I had prefer buy a new MOBO AND CPU than sending it to warrant. lol...that is just TOO much fuzz!


Those PSU's have had multiple issues reported in these forums, not sure why.

Try another PSU.
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
April 1, 2014 8:35:41 PM

noahhicks said:
Might be a loose cable after the case switch. If a cable is hitting a fan (especially a CPU or GPU fan) it will make a loud buzzing, cause the component to overheat and cause the problems you mentioned. If the cable is close to the fan, as you play games that require more resources, the fan speeds up and pulls the cable into itself.

It's a possibility, happened to a "friend" of mine. Check your cablefu.


It's probably the PSU being overdrawn for power, or a capacitor popped.
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 8:39:09 PM

Alec Mowat said:
goCorinthians said:
Corsair 600W. Damn I had prefer buy a new MOBO AND CPU than sending it to warrant. lol...that is just TOO much fuzz!


Those PSU's have had multiple issues reported in these forums, not sure why.

Try another PSU.


will get to that later on, lets just trouble shoot this step by step and not jump to conclusion too fast would you...i highly doubt the PSU is to blame since the PC is working just fine unless a lot of data has to be processed by the components...if other games run just fine i doubt the PSU is faulty

Bad news is im out for the night, i really need some sleep so ill be back tomorrow morning eastern daylight time.
See ya guys.

m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
April 1, 2014 9:06:11 PM

paitjsu sadff said:
Alec Mowat said:
goCorinthians said:
Corsair 600W. Damn I had prefer buy a new MOBO AND CPU than sending it to warrant. lol...that is just TOO much fuzz!


Those PSU's have had multiple issues reported in these forums, not sure why.

Try another PSU.


will get to that later on, lets just trouble shoot this step by step and not jump to conclusion too fast would you...i highly doubt the PSU is to blame since the PC is working just fine unless a lot of data has to be processed by the components...if other games run just fine i doubt the PSU is faulty

Bad news is im out for the night, i really need some sleep so ill be back tomorrow morning eastern daylight time.
See ya guys.



So if you start to run a lot of power hungry components (especially your videocard), things start to fail because... ? ...And you are using a PSU that is known for causing issues?

Interesting.

You've ruled out anything software related by using a fresh install of windows.
It's not your memory, your CPU would give errors if you ran Memtest, and your HD wouldn't cause that.

There's not much else left to do.
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 9:36:10 PM

Memtest are ok. Tried CPU kombustor CPU burner. But running benchmark on kombustor freeze after 30 sec.
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 9:38:55 PM

Turtle The Cat said:
is that a bottleneck gpu?

i think your cpu is bringing your gpu down



Interesting. While ago before placing shits on new case. Everything was fine even on BF4. But I wouldn't doubt being bottleneck.
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 10:00:21 PM

noahhicks said:
Might be a loose cable after the case switch. If a cable is hitting a fan (especially a CPU or GPU fan) it will make a loud buzzing, cause the component to overheat and cause the problems you mentioned. If the cable is close to the fan, as you play games that require more resources, the fan speeds up and pulls the cable into itself.

It's a possibility, happened to a "friend" of mine. Check your cablefu.

Turning off home theater and no more buzzing sound. Can't be that. I will keep trying
m
0
l
April 2, 2014 6:06:55 AM

Hey. It's working now, I got a January drive from Nvidia. Turns out that the last heavy game that I played was AC4 in January...so Nvidia faults. Hoping a decent update from Nvidia
m
0
l

Best solution

April 2, 2014 6:18:45 AM

goCorinthians said:
Hey. It's working now, I got a January drive from Nvidia. Turns out that the last heavy game that I played was AC4 in January...so Nvidia faults. Hoping a decent update from Nvidia

Good to know ! glad you fixed this, have fun !
Share
April 8, 2014 7:19:49 PM

Found what was the real problem... 12V CPU power cable ...attached four pin additional not the main four pin ...lol...sorry NVIDIA...keep the great work.
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
April 8, 2014 9:30:55 PM

goCorinthians said:
Found what was the real problem... 12V CPU power cable ...attached four pin additional not the main four pin ...lol...sorry NVIDIA...keep the great work.


So it was the PSU. Just user error :) 
m
0
l
April 8, 2014 11:35:00 PM

Yep. bought friday a i5 3330 and changing it...it kept beeping(continous short beep) then googled it...and some guy had same problem...

m
0
l
!