i5 4570 voltage extremely high?

fhbeltrami

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
Hello Guys!
Recently bought a I5 4570, MB ASUS H81-C (i saved money here, i know) with a GTX 760 Zogis and corsair GS600.

Playing for the 1st time, I decided to check temperatures and found they are higher than I expected, as shown:
img1

I am a little concerned about my VCORE... I am not sure, but my brother told me it should be below 1v and it is 1.7v
Am I in trouble? Is it possible that my MB is messed up? I

I trying CPU-Z playing crysis 2 ULTRA, and the results looked better:
img2

BUT I still think my CPU is too hot... what do u think? What could be the problem?

Solution

You shouldn't be seeing temps any where near 100. At that temperature your CPU will be throttling. It will also shorten the life of your processor. Since you believe that HWMonitor is reporting the wrong Vcore, try Coretemp or Real Temp and see if they're reporting the same thing.

If they are, what are you using for a heatsink? If...
Your stock voltage will be somewhere around 1V. The image you linked to for CPU-Z is what I would expect.

Where did you see a Vcore of 1.7V? ASUS and pretty much every other motherboard manufacturer push Vcore a little higher than the stock VID to guaranty stability. However it should never push it that high. Maybe 1.2V, but not 1.7V.

fhbeltrami

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
I believe HwMonitor is not giving me the correct values... I saw 1.7 VCORE there.

But using Everest, I cannot get correct values as well... I dont believe my MB temp is 7ºC =/

How about my temperature? I was thinking that this high voltage could be overheating the whole system, but if it is not happening, I have this other problem: cpu cores reaching almost 100ºC. I dont think this is normal

You shouldn't be seeing temps any where near 100. At that temperature your CPU will be throttling. It will also shorten the life of your processor. Since you believe that HWMonitor is reporting the wrong Vcore, try Coretemp or Real Temp and see if they're reporting the same thing.

If they are, what are you using for a heatsink? If it's stock with those stupid push pins, it's possible that your heatsink isn't locked down correctly. Remove it, clean the old paste of both the CPU and heatsink, reinstall with new paste. Make sure the push pins are fully latched.

Solution