PC 350 mic stopped working for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozeljko

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
Hiya.

I've had my Sennheiser 350s for about 3 years now and never had any problems with it. A few pieces fell off in those years, but those were just for the looks, so I didn't bother with them. The headset worked on like it should.

But yesterday my mic started giving me trouble. First my friends told me my voice was starting to sound like statics. Experienced it before, my friends have those occasional hickups from time to time, goes back to normal after 3 secs or so. But that didn't happen yesterday. My voice just went blank, my mic wasn't working. It came back after 20seconds, but after a few minutes it went down again.

Tried replugging my mic, it still keeps repeating. Windows seems to recognize the mic plugged in, but programs like sound recorder aren't picking up my voice most of the time.

Does anyone have an idea or suggestion on what to do, any tricks? Or is the mic on my headset more or less dead and I should buy a new headset/mic?

I am running Windows 8 64-bit, mobo is p7p55d-e pro, if it matters

Cheers!!

Solution
Make sure it is plugged into the right port on the back of the back of the PC.
Then right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right -> recording devices -> locate your device -> select as default.

Good luck!

justcallmetom13

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Make sure it is plugged into the right port on the back of the back of the PC.
Then right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right -> recording devices -> locate your device -> select as default.

Good luck!

Solution

Nerumph

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
If the above solution does not work, try wiggling the connector lightly at both the end connecting your mic and the end attached to your PC. Listen through the recording afterwords. Is there any sort of static, popping/ does the signal come in and out? If either are the case, it is probably the connector and you should send the mic in for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.