i7 920 CPU graphics Card

JamesDM

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
I have a Nvidia geforce 9500GT ,which I would have cross-fired by now ,on a i7 920 motherboard. I need an upgrade . How do I choose a replacement graphics card or where do I go ?

Solution
look at your power supply and the wattage. if you have a low wattage power supply like a 400w unit . look at the 750/750ti or the 7770 cards. if your power supply is larger then 400w and is a good brand. you could get a 270x card or the older 660 line of cards. if your going to replace the pc part by part then you could get a faster gpu. if not you dont want to go with a top end gpu becuase you bottle neck the card with your older cpu.
look at your power supply and the wattage. if you have a low wattage power supply like a 400w unit . look at the 750/750ti or the 7770 cards. if your power supply is larger then 400w and is a good brand. you could get a 270x card or the older 660 line of cards. if your going to replace the pc part by part then you could get a faster gpu. if not you dont want to go with a top end gpu becuase you bottle neck the card with your older cpu.

Solution