I NEED to know if my 5770 is broken

whatda45

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I'm at a loss.
I have been having problems with my Radeon HD 5770 for the past few weeks (maybe longer, not sure when it actually started). At least, I'm pretty sure it's my GPU...
It started with little things, like a multi colored 3 px tall stripe across my monitor, (with no driver crash) that was fixed by a restart or simply by refreshing by playing with the multi-monitor setup.

Then I played two AAA games for about a week 1/2 with no issues, it's only AFTER that I started noticing things, like those pixel stripes in the background while playing stick of truth, unplayable sr4 with textures stretching all over the screen (picked to wrong game to play while starting to have gpu problems :p) and BSOD's caused by playing youtube videos in my rss reader (but that was java xulrunner, and preventable if I watch from a player or brower, so I let it go)

Not before long, I started getting BSODs from WMP, and glitch stripes just from starting chrome.

I should mention that throughout this time I've reflashed my card (with the original/same bios, that I've backed up some time ago), reinstalled the drivers after cleaning with both "Display Drivers Uninstaller" and the AMD cleanup tool, upgrading to the latest beta drivers, and thoroughly cleaning my entire computer from dust.

Each time I've tried something, the problems seemed to go away for a while, each time I was sure I found the problem. Sometimes it resurfaced immediately. Sometimes taking up to 2 days to return.
The only fuzzy conclusion I have from this, is that the beta drivers ARE a little more stable, causing less severe issues less frequently.

That's my problem, I cannot for the life of me make the problems occur on command.
I have run FurMark's burn-in test in the midst of the worst issues, and it works flawlessly.
And other than while benchmarking, the temp doesn't usually go over 50c
I have never overclocked, and have a nice psu (coolermaster I think) and have not changed to configuration of my computer for years.

I know that all chances are that a new gpu will work, but A) I do not know that for sure. B) I NEED to know it's a faulty gpu so I could throw it away. Call me sentimental.

What would you do if you were me?

EDIT: Is this finally an answer? It's from Passmark's BurnInTest benchmark tool.
It would explain why video has more issues than 3d
http://imgur.com/CztOYqA