i5 4570 heating problems?

AuroraHD

Honorable
Feb 18, 2014
I've heard haswell CPU's is hotter than Ivy bridge CPU's will I be fine if I just use the stock cooler with no overclock? How hot does the CPU goes to while playing some CPU based games?

Solution
the stock cooler will be sufficient at stock speeds. The benefits of an aftermarket cooler are a couple. first, the new cooler will be (probably) much quieter than intel's cooler. second, it will keep it further under the temperature limit. I'm not sure if there's a huge benefit to running the cpu at a constant 70C vs a lower 60C (or even less) but heat is the enemy of computer components for sure

RT100

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
the stock cooler will be sufficient at stock speeds. The benefits of an aftermarket cooler are a couple. first, the new cooler will be (probably) much quieter than intel's cooler. second, it will keep it further under the temperature limit. I'm not sure if there's a huge benefit to running the cpu at a constant 70C vs a lower 60C (or even less) but heat is the enemy of computer components for sure

Solution

larkspur

Distinguished
Games don't really heat up the cpu to the same degree as stress-tests like prime95 and IBT and AIDA64. I wouldn't be too worried with a 4570 on the stock cooler. BUT, if I planned to use the thing for more than 3 years then yeah, I'd buy a $35 cooler and sleep better at night (but if I planned to use it more than 3-4 years I'd also buy an overclockable cpu). Intel's coolers are self-described as being "adequate to cool the cpu through the warranty period". From my experience with a i5-4670k Haswell, the stock cooler is good enough to keep the chip "cool enough" in regular not-overclocked situations but has toasty mid to high 70s temps on not-overclocked stress-test (p95, IBT, AIDA) runs. If you are looking toward the long-term, then a reasonable $35ish cooler is a good investment.