Solved

My Acer Aspire S7 shows graphics drivers error, Can't install graphics drivers. If installed the system crashes and restarts.

When I was using my brand new Acer Aspire S7 ultrabook, it shut down without any error. Before the shutdown, it worked perfectly without any known issues. After trying to restart, it restarted. But the user interface was big. Like I have no graphics driver installed. So, I went to device manager and checked whether the drivers were installed or not. When I expanded the Display drivers section I see Microsoft basic drivers as the graphics drivers. So I went to intel website and downloaded the graphics drivers. When I finished installing the drivers, It crashed again and restarted with big ugly UI. I cant watch 1080P Movies or play games. Please help me with this issue! :'(
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about acer aspire shows graphics drivers error install graphics drivers installed system crashes restarts
  1. what model of S7 you have? 191, 391, 392 or 392(InstantGo)?
  2. brarboy said:
    what model of S7 you have? 191, 391, 392 or 392(InstantGo)?


    Its 391 my friend. And its very new. :'(
  3. Best answer
  4. Natteynattson said:


    No, I don't see any. When I download and install the latest available VGA drivers the computer is crashing.



    Did you try to changing Windows platform from 8 to 8.1 or vice-versa if that solved your problem? It can be OS related too.
  5. brarboy said:
    Natteynattson said:


    No, I don't see any. When I download and install the latest available VGA drivers the computer is crashing.



    Did you try to changing Windows platform from 8 to 8.1 or vice-versa if that solved your problem? It can be OS related too.


    Yeah I did, same thing has been happening. Just now I updated my BIOS. But same problem keeps occurring.
  6. Natteynattson said:

    Yeah I did, same thing has been happening. Just now I updated my BIOS. But same problem keeps occurring.



    in the device manager, under display adapter right click on intel chipset and uninstall the drivers. Reinstall them and see if that makes any difference.
  7. brarboy said:
    Natteynattson said:

    Yeah I did, same thing has been happening. Just now I updated my BIOS. But same problem keeps occurring.



    in the device manager, under display adapter right click on intel chipset and uninstall the drivers. Reinstall them and see if that makes any difference.


    I did that too, no luck yet.
  8. Natteynattson said:


    I did that too, no luck yet.



    after the crash occurs, go to Event Viewer and under windows > system option check if there is any error shown?
    You can also give a RAM test using memtest86+
  9. When you go into the Device manager, click to unistall the drivers. Once done go back to desktop or whatever it is called in Win 8.1 and do a restart. this should reinstall the proper drivers.
  10. coastie65 said:
    When you go into the Device manager, click to unistall the drivers. Once done go back to desktop or whatever it is called in Win 8.1 and do a restart. this should reinstall the proper drivers.


    I tried and same error keeps occurring and occurring. D':
  11. When you expanded the Video adapter in the device manager, were there any yellow flags? If not then that part is fine and what you may need to do is go back in and set the resolution and stuff on the screen. I don't know why it shut down in the first place, but it may have been related to the Graphics and when it restarted, it lost the settings. I have seen that after installing a new Graphics card and drivers as well.
  12. coastie65 said:
    When you expanded the Video adapter in the device manager, were there any yellow flags? If not then that part is fine and what you may need to do is go back in and set the resolution and stuff on the screen. I don't know why it shut down in the first place, but it may have been related to the Graphics and when it restarted, it lost the settings. I have seen that after installing a new Graphics card and drivers as well.


    I installed the latest drivers from Intel website. Before it works properly. but now it wont. I guess its an hardware issue right?
  13. Natteynattson said:
    coastie65 said:
    When you expanded the Video adapter in the device manager, were there any yellow flags? If not then that part is fine and what you may need to do is go back in and set the resolution and stuff on the screen. I don't know why it shut down in the first place, but it may have been related to the Graphics and when it restarted, it lost the settings. I have seen that after installing a new Graphics card and drivers as well.


    I installed the latest drivers from Intel website. Before it works properly. but now it wont. I guess its an hardware issue right?



    If that was what came up after you installed the drivers, and there are no flags , then it is probably just a matter of resetting the resolution to what it should be. Check to see what it shows. I don't run Windows 8.1, so not sure of how to do that.
  14. if before it worked fine, then stay with drivers from your manufacturer website rather than updating from Intel. To adjust the screen resolution, have you tried right clicking desktop > Screen Resolution > Set it to the highest as possible.
    Also, try restoring your bios settings to default. And did you see any error in Event Viewer?
Ask a new question

Read More

Ultrabooks Drivers Graphics S7 Shutdown Aspire Acer