Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

cpu at 80 degrees temperature when load

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 4, 2014 3:38:24 AM

I have i3 550 on intel dh55tc with intel stock cooler and no gfx.
Previously cpu temp went upto 100 C during stress test of intel XTU. So I cleaned and applied thermal grease (www.snapdeal.com/product/cooler-master-ic-essential-e1t...) by dot method. Now (just after applying the new grease) cpu temp was 78 C during the test. Is this normal???
(External temp. was about 40-45 C)

Best solution

a c 97 à CPUs
April 4, 2014 3:48:21 AM

Seems slightly high but considering the ambient temp of 40-45 degs C this may be what you can expect under stress testing.

You did right by re-seating the CPU/heatsink. Don't expect great temps reductions when using the stock heatsink.

Stress test temps are 30-35 degs C higher than ambient temps.

If under normal use the temps are below the ranges you posted you are OK.
Share
a b à CPUs
April 4, 2014 3:48:50 AM

Nope not normal. is the case well ventilated with fans? is the cables managed? is the cpu cooler well seated?. you might need to get an aftermarket cpu cooler.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 4, 2014 4:55:07 AM

Ubrales said:
Seems slightly high but considering the ambient temp of 40-45 degs C this may be what you can expect under stress testing.

You did right by re-seating the CPU/heatsink. Don't expect great temps reductions when using the stock heatsink.

Stress test temps are 30-35 degs C higher than ambient temps.

If under normal use the temps are below the ranges you posted you are OK.


Idle temp.s around 45-55 C
m
0
l
a c 97 à CPUs
April 4, 2014 5:41:56 AM

Venkat Krishna said:
Ubrales said:
Seems slightly high but considering the ambient temp of 40-45 degs C this may be what you can expect under stress testing.

You did right by re-seating the CPU/heatsink. Don't expect great temps reductions when using the stock heatsink.

Stress test temps are 30-35 degs C higher than ambient temps.

If under normal use the temps are below the ranges you posted you are OK.


Idle temp.s around 45-55 C


That's 10 degs above ambient which is normal. Just curious, where is this 30-35 degs ambient location?
m
0
l
April 4, 2014 7:02:13 AM

Ubrales said:
Venkat Krishna said:
Ubrales said:
Seems slightly high but considering the ambient temp of 40-45 degs C this may be what you can expect under stress testing.

You did right by re-seating the CPU/heatsink. Don't expect great temps reductions when using the stock heatsink.

Stress test temps are 30-35 degs C higher than ambient temps.

If under normal use the temps are below the ranges you posted you are OK.


Idle temp.s around 45-55 C


That's 10 degs above ambient which is normal. Just curious, where is this 30-35 degs ambient location?


Warangal, India
m
0
l
a c 97 à CPUs
April 4, 2014 7:06:23 AM

Have good air movement (fan) in the room you and the PC is located. Will help you both! Thank you!
m
0
l
April 4, 2014 7:07:29 AM

Ubrales said:
Have good air movement (fan) in the room you and the PC is located. Will help you both! Thank you!


Thanks for your advice.
m
0
l
!