Windows vista 32 bit wont connect to network

I upgraded my friends GPU with a gigabyte GT 430.

We tried out some games to see how it did. The game needed a driver update so we updated the driver. After we rebooted his PC it wouldnt connect to internet. We tried rebooting the router, reinstalling the GPU drivers but nothing worked

HIs specs:
Intel pentium dou 2,4 GhZ
3 GB RAM
GT 430
MSI motherboard (really dont know what type it is)
Windows vista 32 bit
14 answers Last reply
More about windows vista bit wont connect network
  1. What icon shows in the bottom right? A yellow triangle or a red X?
  2. The Letter Mu said:
    What icon shows in the bottom right? A yellow triangle or a red X?


    A red X
  3. Right click on it to open the Network and Sharing Center. On the left, click Change Adapter Settings, and let me know what you see. Are you trying to use wired or wireless?
  4. The Letter Mu said:
    Right click on it to open the Network and Sharing Center. On the left, click Change Adapter Settings, and let me know what you see. Are you trying to use wired or wireless?


    He's using wired. There are 2 networks 1 of them has a media icon the other one is a normal network icon.
  5. Have you tried rolling back the drivers to eliminate that? Or did you just reinstall?
  6. The Letter Mu said:
    Have you tried rolling back the drivers to eliminate that? Or did you just reinstall?


    We just reinstalled. After the installatio needed to reboot we got the problem
  7. Which driver was it exactly? Was it for the GT 430? If so, try going into the Device Manager and rolling back the drivers.
  8. The Letter Mu said:
    Which driver was it exactly? Was it for the GT 430? If so, try going into the Device Manager and rolling back the drivers.


    We downloaded the drivers from the Nvidia website. could you tell me how i can roll it back? im a software newby
  9. Go to Start, right-click on Computer, and hit Manage. On the left panel, go to the Device Manager. Find Display Adapters, and under there should be your GT 430. If not, then something is wrong with the seating of the graphics card. If it shows, and displays no errors, right-click and select Properties. Under the Drivers tab, there should be an option to Roll Back Drivers. Let us know if that option is grayed out.
  10. The Letter Mu said:
    Go to Start, right-click on Computer, and hit Manage. On the left panel, go to the Device Manager. Find Display Adapters, and under there should be your GT 430. If not, then something is wrong with the seating of the graphics card. If it shows, and displays no errors, right-click and select Properties. Under the Drivers tab, there should be an option to Roll Back Drivers. Let us know if that option is grayed out.


    Its there but its grayed out
  11. Do any errors show up for the Display Adapter?
  12. The Letter Mu said:
    Do any errors show up for the Display Adapter?


    No errors at the Display adaptar but at the network adaptars they all got a yellow triangle with a ! in the middle
  13. Do either of the adapters give you additional information under Properties?
  14. The Letter Mu said:
    Do either of the adapters give you additional information under Properties?


    When we go the the network adapter properties the only thing it says is "Networkadapters" and nothing else
    Display adapters it says wich version windows wich driver version etc

    We did force shutdown because the pc was stuck on "shutingdown" could that be the case?
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Connection Networking Motherboards