Solved

Best $600 Build for Gaming/Music/Video Editing

Hey,

I am looking to build a PC from the bottom up, I currently use macs, but I am looking to build a PC as well. I would like to run games like CS and B4 and other shooting / steam games. Additionally I am a music producer and video editor. So I will need to have room for FL Studio and Final Cut Studio 3.

What would be a good build for this stuff? I already have a monitor, speakers, keyboard/mouse and an OS but what hardware should I get?

Thanks,
Ian
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 600 build gaming music video editing
  1. It helps a lot that you have an OS and I/O Hardware, but $600 still seems a bit difficult. How well do you want your games to perform? CS and BF4 are on two ends of the spectrum and BF4 will require a lot more than CS. We can get something along the lines of a midrange card and maybe an i3 with hyperthreading, RAM will be up to how much more you focus on editing than gaming. Then there's the need for a good audio card. Don't go for a board that advertises good audio, as the onboard audio (much like onboard graphics) won't be able to compete with dedicated. Still may be looking a bit over $600.
  2. Best answer
    you can use this fx 6 cores build as reference

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($72.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($199.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $597.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-04 01:43 EDT-0400)
  3. Just letting you know that Final Cut Studio 3 is Mac only so you can't run it on a PC unless you do some hacking or some kind.
  4. Dual Boot? :)
  5. yeah, but you would have to make sure the component parts are compatible with both Windows OS and OSX.
  6. True. I'm sure something can be worked out. Probably limited on parts but there's sure to be a good list of compatible parts.
  7. BROON said:
    Hey,

I am looking to build a PC from the bottom up, I currently use macs, but I am looking to build a PC as well. I would like to run games like CS and B4 and other shooting / steam games. Additionally I am a music producer and video editor. So I will need to have room for FL Studio and Final Cut Studio 3.

What would be a good build for this stuff? I already have a monitor, speakers, keyboard/mouse and an OS but what hardware should I get?

Thanks,
    Ian

Would you be comfortable with building a Hackintosh? From what I've read its possible to build one well, but it does take a few more steps than your average computer build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Games Build Music Video Editing Systems