Solved

Is this build okay for basic gaming on 1400x900 resolution monitor?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3eYtR
The PSU is Corsair HX620
Windows 7
Seagate 500G HDD

Is this okay? Suggestions/recommendations?

What would happen if I upgraded to a 22" monitor?

Thanks in advance.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build basic gaming 1400x900 resolution monitor
  1. It would be really good for 900p and decent still at 1080p. I would get a better motherboard though. What is your budget?
  2. CTurbo said:
    It would be really good for 900p and decent still at 1080p. I would get a better motherboard though. What is your budget?


    No more than 600 tbh. Really tight budget I know.
  3. This would be a lot better

    PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3mvjE
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3mvjE/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3mvjE/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($129.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($68.75 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($80.97 @ DirectCanada)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($264.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: Cougar Solution (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($46.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $591.69
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-05 15:01 EDT-0400)
  4. CTurbo said:
    This would be a lot better

    PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3mvjE
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3mvjE/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/3mvjE/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($129.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($68.75 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($80.97 @ DirectCanada)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($264.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: Cougar Solution (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($46.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $591.69
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-05 15:01 EDT-0400)


    Is the intel better than fx-6300? And did you purposely leave out the cpu cooler?
  5. Best answer
    The i3 4130 is better in some things than the FX6300, and the FX6300 is better in other things. They are roughly equal in performance when the FX6300 is overclocked, and the i3 4130 is a little better when the FX6300 is at stock speeds. You do not need an aftermarket cooler for the i3, but you do if you overclock the FX6300. The motherboard you selected for the FX6300 is cheap, and you would have needed a better one. The FX6300 + aftermarket cooler + better motherboard would have ended up costing a lot more than the i3 4130 which is why I recommended it instead.
  6. CTurbo said:
    The i3 4130 is better in some things than the FX6300, and the FX6300 is better in other things. They are roughly equal in performance when the FX6300 is overclocked, and the i3 4130 is a little better when the FX6300 is at stock speeds. You do not need an aftermarket cooler for the i3, but you do if you overclock the FX6300. The motherboard you selected for the FX6300 is cheap, and you would have needed a better one. The FX6300 + aftermarket cooler + better motherboard would have ended up costing a lot more than the i3 4130 which is why I recommended it instead.

    Thanks so much for the suggestions man.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Resolution CPUs Components Graphics Cards Monitors