Solved

Too much heat! please help!!

I have a AMD FX8320 vishera which is heating too much, it reaches temp like 65C! Presently i have the stock cooler. My cab is Cooler master elite 431+ with one chasis fan... plz suggest what shud i do to get sufficient cooling. I prefer buying from Flipkart, so plz attach a link too..
Thanks
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about heat
  1. You should invest in a aftermarket cooler as the amd stock ones are pretty sucky (as you hve experienced).

    This is a well respected cooler: http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo/p/itmd7pfht3crxtnf?q=Cooler+Master+Hyper+212+EVO+Cooler&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&as-pos=p_1&pid=COLD7PFHHUXGKHZW
  2. A bigger case with lots of fans would help too.
  3. Buy the 212 evo. I have it myself. Also, try to reapply thermal paste.
  4. XCalinX said:
    Buy the 212 evo. I have it myself. Also, try to reapply thermal paste.

    I only bought only weeks ago, so the thermal paste shud b ok. Anyway giv me more options...
  5. aatje92 said:
    You should invest in a aftermarket cooler as the amd stock ones are pretty sucky (as you hve experienced).

    This is a well respected cooler: http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo/p/itmd7pfht3crxtnf?q=Cooler+Master+Hyper+212+EVO+Cooler&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&as-pos=p_1&pid=COLD7PFHHUXGKHZW

    Will it be a gud choice if i also overclock? And do u think I shud also buy a chassis fan? And what is the maximum safe temp for my cpu???
  6. Max safe temp i believe is 70c, but it should be alot better with that 212 evo and maybe a little overclock yeah.

    With the 212 exhausting to the back there's little need for another chassis fan, but it couldn't hurt either
  7. aatje92 said:
    Max safe temp i believe is 70c, but it should be alot better with that 212 evo and maybe a little overclock yeah.

    With the 212 exhausting to the back there's little need for another chassis fan, but it couldn't hurt either


    I have one last que to u....Is liquid cooling is worth expending on? If yes, then plz giv the link of a gud liquid cooler...
  8. Best answer
    Well the only AIO liquid cooler worth buying is the H100i, but you will be better off with a good air cooler (such as the one i linked) because it's cheaper and it will fit in your case.
  9. aatje92 said:
    Well the only AIO liquid cooler worth buying is the H100i, but you will be better off with a good air cooler (such as the one i linked) because it's cheaper and it will fit in your case.

    Thanks a lot!!
  10. aatje92 said:
    Well the only AIO liquid cooler worth buying is the H100i, but you will be better off with a good air cooler (such as the one i linked) because it's cheaper and it will fit in your case.


    One more que... At flipkart the max rpm of the cpu fan u suggested shows only 2000, but my amd stock fan shows 6000rpm in AI suite 2. then how will it out perform the stock cooler???
  11. Because the fan is bigger and the heatsink is bigger ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Heating CPUs