760 acx temps moving higher than expected

RealX1

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I have a 760 acx and it was going up to 81c so i repasted with mx-4 and it went down in games to 71c. I realise this is pretty normal but I've been testing in heaven benchmark 4.0 and on max settings at 1080p my temps go up to 77c max. Is this something to be concerned about?

Solution
Those temperatures are perfectly fine, pretty good in fact. Your card has a Temp Limit of around 82c and a thermal threshold around 95c. The Temp Limit is the target temperature above which the card will throttle down the Turbo Boost clocks. As long as you are below the temp limit, you have no problems and the GPU will run at full Turbo Boost clocks.
Those temperatures are perfectly fine, pretty good in fact. Your card has a Temp Limit of around 82c and a thermal threshold around 95c. The Temp Limit is the target temperature above which the card will throttle down the Turbo Boost clocks. As long as you are below the temp limit, you have no problems and the GPU will run at full Turbo Boost clocks.

Solution

Blecter

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
That is normal temp for both of my cards at stock EVGA Superclocked speeds with MX-4 paste on for benchmarking/mining. Normal gaming I usually see around 50-65C game dependent with an additional overclock.

My cards had a temp limit of 80 before I upped it through EVGA Precision X. Once the cards got to that temp they throttled back the clock speed slightly to keep the temp down at about 79C. Yours should do the same.

RealX1

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Well, my acx isn't sc/oc but it sounds like 75c+ once in awhile isn't going to break the thing so I'm happy! thanks you both.