270 X longevity?

grrsona

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I have decided after a lot of research that I want the AMD 270X. Im willing to spend about $200 so if there are any better options, Id love suggestions. But will the 270X last me long enough? I have an intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz 16 gigs of ram. I play games like borderlands 2, tf2, loadout, warframe. I intent to stick with my current com as long as possible at least another 4-5 years. Will the 270X be up to date with games for that long? im looking performance over visuals here. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Solution

I'm not sure how long it will last for you personally. The GTX 470 is coming up on its 4th year and it still plays games excellently. Even a 8800 GT can play most games still and that card is around 6 years old. The issue here is that the 270X is based off of older technology in the first place so I'm not completely sure if it will last 5 years. Probably at least 3 years.

grrsona

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I dont need stunning performance. I just want a card that can play current games well and play future games with 40+ fps on medium or low settings.
and @novuake the card u showed is $260 wich is a bit above my price range.

The 270x is great for now but in the future you could lower the resolution a bit to keep your games running smoothly.