Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need someone with more experience to help me with my build

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 7, 2014 11:10:16 AM

I just created my first build and I would like someone to tell me if it is any good and, if needed, to make suggestions on how to make it better! here it is! http://pcpartpicker.com/user/tobybroekeer/saved/4inp

More about : experience build

April 7, 2014 11:18:11 AM

Do you live near a microcenter?
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 11:30:25 AM

RazerZ said:
Do you live near a microcenter?

No I do not. Why?
The closest one is 4 hours away.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 7, 2014 11:32:03 AM

Toby Broeker said:
RazerZ said:
Do you live near a microcenter?

No I do not. Why?


Could have got the FX-8320 for $130, but i'll post a build in a moment.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 11:34:21 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($58.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 14:34 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 11:38:25 AM

RazerZ said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($58.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 14:34 EDT-0400)

So is this one better then my design?
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 11:41:27 AM

RazerZ said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($58.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 14:34 EDT-0400)


PC part picker says thier are issues with this design is this:
Potential Issues/Incompatibilities
Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.
ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.
(Flag issues/incompatibilities as incorrect.)
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 12:32:41 PM

all those are correctable, you will need to update your motherboard, "easy" and you just wont have usb 3 on the front of the case. its just tellingyou that if you do want it to choose a different case is all.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 12:43:57 PM

187Flatliner said:
all those are correctable, you will need to update your motherboard, "easy" and you just wont have usb 3 on the front of the case. its just tellingyou that if you do want it to choose a different case is all.

how do you update the motherboard and can you give a suggestion for a different case so I have USB availability?

m
0
l

Best solution

April 7, 2014 1:21:13 PM

this case it a decent low budget one with usb 3.0 in front....you honestly dont need a case with it in front unless your gonna use it. but
Cooler Master N300, its about 15 more than the one listed.

heres another build based on the one above. i changed the board and case to reflect usb 3.0 headers, changed the psu

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $592.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 16:23 EDT-0400)
Share
April 7, 2014 3:38:23 PM

Toby Broeker said:
RazerZ said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($58.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 14:34 EDT-0400)


PC part picker says thier are issues with this design is this:
Potential Issues/Incompatibilities
Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.
ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.
(Flag issues/incompatibilities as incorrect.)


Shouldn't be an issue just use the usb 3.0 on the back if you want. Also you'd just have to update the bios.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 3:43:23 PM

RazerZ said:
Toby Broeker said:
RazerZ said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($58.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 14:34 EDT-0400)


PC part picker says thier are issues with this design is this:
Potential Issues/Incompatibilities
Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.
ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.
(Flag issues/incompatibilities as incorrect.)


Shouldn't be an issue just use the usb 3.0 on the back if you want. Also you'd just have to update the bios.



yep kinda what i told him too.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 3:44:06 PM

187Flatliner said:
RazerZ said:
Toby Broeker said:
RazerZ said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($58.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 14:34 EDT-0400)


PC part picker says thier are issues with this design is this:
Potential Issues/Incompatibilities
Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.
ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.
(Flag issues/incompatibilities as incorrect.)


Shouldn't be an issue just use the usb 3.0 on the back if you want. Also you'd just have to update the bios.



yep kinda what i told him too.


Then why spend money on a more expensive build?
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 3:46:39 PM

RazerZ said:


Then why spend money on a more expensive build?



just made him a slightly different build so he didnt have to worry about things.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 3:49:51 PM

187Flatliner said:
RazerZ said:


Then why spend money on a more expensive build?



just made him a slightly different build so he didnt have to worry about things.

Thank you guys very much! Just one question why AMD instead of Nividia is AMD better or is it the only one that is cheap enough?
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 3:54:35 PM

Toby Broeker said:
187Flatliner said:
RazerZ said:


Then why spend money on a more expensive build?



just made him a slightly different build so he didnt have to worry about things.

Thank you guys very much! Just one question why AMD instead of Nividia is AMD better or is it the only one that is cheap enough?


The AMD R9 270 out performs nvidia's GTX 660.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 4:02:28 PM

RazerZ said:
Toby Broeker said:
187Flatliner said:
RazerZ said:


Then why spend money on a more expensive build?



just made him a slightly different build so he didnt have to worry about things.

Thank you guys very much! Just one question why AMD instead of Nividia is AMD better or is it the only one that is cheap enough?


The AMD R9 270 out performs nvidia's GTX 660.


nail on the head.

m
0
l
April 8, 2014 9:36:21 AM

187Flatliner said:
RazerZ said:
Toby Broeker said:
187Flatliner said:
RazerZ said:


Then why spend money on a more expensive build?



just made him a slightly different build so he didnt have to worry about things.

Thank you guys very much! Just one question why AMD instead of Nividia is AMD better or is it the only one that is cheap enough?


The AMD R9 270 out performs nvidia's GTX 660.


nail on the head.


Also do I need a cooling fan for this build?
m
0
l
April 8, 2014 12:03:11 PM

If your not overclocking then no., if you are then yes. recommend the evo from cooler master.
m
0
l
!