Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

$1600-$2000 Gaming PC Build

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 7, 2014 4:00:05 PM

Hello, nice to meet everyone.
I want a custom PC build that is worth atleast $1600-$2000.
I'll use it to play all the high-end games on max, and ill stick with the 4770k.

Can you check my build, seeing if its too overkill? Its worth 2.2k, but I'm not sure if I'm overduing
any options, to extend the cost.
http://pastebin.com/T6KKpWeV

If it's not a good "Gaming" PC Build,
meaning one of the components are bad, or should'nt go along, can you please
suggest one to me? Thanks!

More about : 1600 2000 gaming build

a b 4 Gaming
April 7, 2014 4:15:46 PM

I think you're undergoing it a bit. For $2K, you could do with a Xeon CPU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3nQbC
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2630 V2 2.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($605.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P9X79 LE ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($229.97 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($693.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1992.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 19:15 EDT-0400)

Or if you really like i7-4770K, then
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card ($999.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1972.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 19:17 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 4:21:48 PM

Thanks for this, for some reason its coming out extremely expensive on this website, and your setup is more extreme and it still comes out cheaper for some reason. I appreciate your response.
okcnaline said:
I think you're undergoing it a bit. For $2K, you could do with a Xeon CPU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3nQbC
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2630 V2 2.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($605.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P9X79 LE ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($229.97 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($693.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1992.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 19:15 EDT-0400)

Or if you really like i7-4770K, then
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card ($999.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1972.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 19:17 EDT-0400)


m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 7, 2014 4:29:12 PM

Heres a good kicking pc for ya with the 4770k

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ TigerDirect)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($146.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($709.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.98 @ OutletPC)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1924.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-07 19:28 EDT-0400)
Share
a b 4 Gaming
April 7, 2014 4:30:02 PM

No problems. Use PCPartPicker next time. It's more neat and could yield cheaper results. =)
m
1
l
April 7, 2014 4:45:46 PM

okcnaline said:
No problems. Use PCPartPicker next time. It's more neat and could yield cheaper results. =)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory [+89] (Corsair Vengeance)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX w/ Military Class 4, OC Genie II, Sound Blaster Cinema Audio, Killer E2205 GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1 [+79]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [-89] (EVGA Superclocked)

Hows this? I got this for cheaper?

m
0
l
April 7, 2014 4:56:40 PM

okcnaline said:
That's a bit too much to save. It's also a lot less performance.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3nRye

Shit, it says its just at 2000 here, and I thought it was a good build, im glad you told me. See, I need a website where it will actually build it for me, as I do not know any local people that will build it, or do it myself. Any websites?
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:02:30 PM

whats your location?
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:03:53 PM

US, NJ
187Flatliner said:
whats your location?


m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:06:24 PM

Theres a micro store in new jersey, they can build it for you, i think they only charge like 100 bucks....but honestly its simple...... just watch some "pro" youtube videos and you'll have it down in no time
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:08:24 PM

187Flatliner said:
Theres a micro store in new jersey, they can build it for you, i think they only charge like 100 bucks....but honestly its simple...... just watch some "pro" youtube videos and you'll have it down in no time

Yeah, I can always try that, thanks alot flat.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:10:46 PM

Dewlinq said:
187Flatliner said:
Theres a micro store in new jersey, they can build it for you, i think they only charge like 100 bucks....but honestly its simple...... just watch some "pro" youtube videos and you'll have it down in no time

Yeah, I can always try that, thanks alot flat.



just take this list of parts we give you and choose which you like and hand it to them and they'll give you the price and how much to build...easy.
m
1
l
April 7, 2014 5:23:18 PM

187Flatliner said:
Dewlinq said:
187Flatliner said:
Theres a micro store in new jersey, they can build it for you, i think they only charge like 100 bucks....but honestly its simple...... just watch some "pro" youtube videos and you'll have it down in no time

Yeah, I can always try that, thanks alot flat.



just take this list of parts we give you and choose which you like and hand it to them and they'll give you the price and how much to build...easy.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3nSH9
So, are these parts alright, lmfao, sorry.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:26:35 PM

is there a reason for the network card and wifi card?
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:31:12 PM

187Flatliner said:
is there a reason for the network card and wifi card?

Wouldn't you need it to connect to wifi?
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:31:57 PM

wifi card yes but not the network card if you already have a router
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:51:51 PM

187Flatliner said:
wifi card yes but not the network card if you already have a router

Oh alright, thanks again, your a lifesaver

m
0
l
April 7, 2014 5:54:08 PM

and it also depends on if your gonna be hard wring to the net, if you are then theres no need for the wifi card either.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
April 7, 2014 6:00:41 PM

for gaming, you should drop the wifi card, you won't connect very well. but if you can't hard wire to the internet than keep the internet card. if you can stretch barely over budget id go with this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3nU97

you dont need a sound card unless you are doing hardcore audio editing or can hear the smallest details in sound. onboard sound is alot better than people expect
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
April 7, 2014 8:00:15 PM

But honestly, I suppose you already have an OS? If you don't, you can always go for SteamOS.
m
0
l
April 7, 2014 8:14:20 PM

okcnaline said:
But honestly, I suppose you already have an OS? If you don't, you can always go for SteamOS.



true but i dont like steam os
m
0
l