Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My Custom PC restarts while playing a game.

Last response: in Components
Share
April 7, 2014 8:49:50 PM

Ok, so I recently built my PC in January and I started having a problem where when i play some D3 ROS, my computer shuts down. I re-installed windows on my PC because i had done an SFC scan and it said there were some issues that it couldn't fix. After the installation I re-installed all my drivers and tried running Diablo 3 again and same issue occurred so i thought it may be the GPU (Graphics Card) so i lowered the graphics on the game it ran longer and it eventually restarted on its own. So i decided to replace my GPU considering it was running hot while playing the game, but the problem still persisted. I have been doing some research on the internet i noticed some people have the same problem as myself although the answers for them weren't the correct answer for me. I'd appreciate the help. Here are my specs:

Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU:
Intel Core i7 4820K @ 3.70GHz
Ivy Bridge-E 22nm Technology
RAM:
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard:
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X79-UP4 (SOCKET 0)
Graphics:
VA2226w-11 (1680x1050@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (EVGA)
Storage:
931GB ATA WDC WD10EZEX-00B SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
Optical Drives:
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS40 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio:
Realtek High Definition Audio
Power Supply:
EVGA 750 Watt Bronze
April 7, 2014 9:02:08 PM

does it "shut down" or "restart" there are different possibilities for each symptum.

Shut down is something overheating (cpu usually, sometimes mb or power supply)
Restart without a blue screen typically means the cpu is undervolted or a power supply issue.
m
1
l
April 7, 2014 9:02:25 PM

I used to have overheating issues with my cpu when playing some of the more demanding games. It would instantly shut my entire computer off if it got hot enough Try downloading one of the many free programs that monitor your cpu temps.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 9, 2014 12:49:13 AM

ingtar33 said:
does it "shut down" or "restart" there are different possibilities for each symptum.

Shut down is something overheating (cpu usually, sometimes mb or power supply)
Restart without a blue screen typically means the cpu is undervolted or a power supply issue.


My computer restarts after using it. It doesn't shut down. I don't believe the CPU is under volts, though I will check that out. My computer was running fine for about 2 months and this recently happened I was playing the game just fine for two months and then it recently started to restart on its own. Nothing is over heating my computer just recently started to restart on its own.

Is there any way to check my PSU?
m
0
l
April 9, 2014 12:52:56 AM

possible VRM module failure? or a failing PSU. how old is the motherboard and psu? what models etc. any overclocks? what cooler? Most recent temps under load?
m
0
l
April 9, 2014 12:53:10 AM

bundejo said:
I used to have overheating issues with my cpu when playing some of the more demanding games. It would instantly shut my entire computer off if it got hot enough Try downloading one of the many free programs that monitor your cpu temps.


My computer isn't shutting down, its restarting on its own i apologize for that being confusing. And its not my CPU my CPU runs cool and now so is my graphics card.
m
0
l
April 9, 2014 12:56:35 AM

Beezy said:
possible VRM module failure? or a failing PSU. how old is the motherboard and psu? what models etc. any overclocks? what cooler? Most recent temps under load?


Everything that is in my rig is brand new i bought everything in January of this year. Their are no overclocks on my pc I have a thermeltake 2.0 water cooling system on my CPU I dont know all of the temps under a load except my GPU, which is 80 Celsius, I know its not an overheating problem, but if you'd like to know about the temps do you know of a benchmark test that give you results of everything once its finished or real time info on motherboard, CPU, GPU etc? My models are above for the rest.
m
0
l

Best solution

April 9, 2014 1:56:16 PM

A black screen restart (no windows BSOD) is almost always a power issue... Either something is bad or dying on your motherboard, or on your psu... try another psu and see if the issue persists. if it does i would return the motherboard as faulty.
Share
April 9, 2014 11:39:31 PM

ingtar33 said:
A black screen restart (no windows BSOD) is almost always a power issue... Either something is bad or dying on your motherboard, or on your psu... try another psu and see if the issue persists. if it does i would return the motherboard as faulty.


Yes a black screen restart. And i will get a new psu and see if that is the problem, if not then i will get the motherboard replaced. Thank you for your help.
m
0
l
!