Solved

Brand new PC freezing with loud buzzing noise coming from speakers.

Hi there.

I recently decided to build my first computer and am having issues with it. Now a flatmate of mine also decided to build one so we have two near identical builds in our flat, the only difference being that I have a SSD in mine. The parts can be seen here (http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/3mGBN)

First off my graphics card was faulty, that was sent back and replaced within a week and everything was re installed.

Everything seemed to work fine for a day or so until I randomly started to get these freezes with a loud buzzing noise which came from the speakers, sometimes the computer would reset after a few minutes of being frozen. There have also been occasions were the computer would just flat out restart, seemingly at random.

I have tried re installing windows from scratch, formatting everything on the SSD and re installing the drivers from all of the disks and then trying to update them.

I've also tried running memory test for about 16 hours and after 15 passes with no errors I decided the ram wasn't a factor.

I have been monitoring the temperature of the cpu as well as the fan speed and this doesn't seem to exceed 60 degrees or about 7200rpm. I also monitored the temperatures and speed of the graphics card and this seems to be pretty standard too.

I have updated to the latest bios using an online update utility that detected the correct model and installed it for me.

The last thing I did before encountering the same error again was run sfc/scannow in safe mode, where it claimed to have fixed some errors, though some were apparently unfixable.

I've been trying for days but to no avail so it thought I'd try one last attempt here before I take it into a computer shop to be examined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Jamie.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about brand freezing loud buzzing noise coming speakers
  1. Best answer
    According to the freezeng, random restarting and errors, it might be a faulty PSU. Try using your friends PSU and see if you have the same problems.
  2. maurelie said:
    According to the freezeng, random restarting and errors, it might be a faulty PSU. Try using your friends PSU and see if you have the same problems.


    Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give this a go and get back to you.
  3. soravx1 said:
    maurelie said:
    According to the freezeng, random restarting and errors, it might be a faulty PSU. Try using your friends PSU and see if you have the same problems.


    Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give this a go and get back to you.



    OK, Good Luck
  4. Okay, I was waiting until my roommate went home for the holidays to borrow his computer and swap parts out, but another friend suggested taking out one stick of ram, lo and behold that worked. One stick seems to be faulty, when it's in the PC crashes.

    Weird thing is I ran memtest for a solid 16 hours. Oh well. I'll have to send it back to the supplier, (The same people I had my graphics card replaced from, no idea what they'll say). Thanks for your suggestion none the less.
  5. soravx1 said:
    Okay, I was waiting until my roommate went home for the holidays to borrow his computer and swap parts out, but another friend suggested taking out one stick of ram, lo and behold that worked. One stick seems to be faulty, when it's in the PC crashes.

    Weird thing is I ran memtest for a solid 16 hours. Oh well. I'll have to send it back to the supplier, (The same people I had my graphics card replaced from, no idea what they'll say). Thanks for your suggestion none the less.


    I assumed there is nothing wrong with the RAM since you have run it on MemTest for 16 hours.
    Anyway, good thing that you have solved your problem. Cheers
  6. I have this same problem and you think it's the ram?
  7. RushNReady said:
    I have this same problem and you think it's the ram?


    I figured it was the RAM due to the fact that one worked on its own, while the other would cause constant crashing. So that's how you can test for it, either memtest or switching them out manually.

    Hope I helped!
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Build Windows 7