770 sli on 750w

PB Gaming

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Today i got my EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 B Power supply i didnt put in the case i was wondering will i be able to run my system with this power supply all stock my cpu and Video cards no overclocking thank you :)

Solution
Yes. It has 4 x 6+2. Here is the full spec page directly from Rosewill. :)

Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-750 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified,Single +12V Rail,ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V v2.92,SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active- PFC Power Supply
Register the Product
Features

80 PLUS GOLD Certified
Continuous 750W@50°C
Supports Intel Haswell CPU C6/C7 Low Power State
Single strong 12V rail – idea for Gaming system
SLI & CrossFire Ready – 4 x 6+2pin Connector
1x Silent 140mm Fan with Auto Fan Speed Control for better silence
Active-PFC with auto AC-input voltage adjustment(100-240V)
Black Coating Housing
Mesh sleeving on all cables for easier cable routing and better ventilation
Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection,
Under Voltage Protection...

750w is good enough. Here is a link that describes it in detail:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1696333/recommended-psu-4670k-gtx-770-sli.html

If I may suggest a PSU for this application, I would recommend the Corsair AX760/AX760i. The "i" comes with a Corsair Link module, which allows you to monitor and configure basically everything concerning the power to your components. The "i" is also the only digital PSU on the market, which gives you the tightest voltage regulations that you can get. There isn't a better PSU on the market. I have a Corsair AX860i and LOVE it. They aren't cheap, but they are the best of the best.

PB Gaming

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I know what you saying that corsair is the best and i was wondering if i run my system with power supply that i have and you said "yes" i just want to make sure that all.

I also want to note that like you, I had already bought and received a PSU, but when I starting looking at all the specs and reviews on the AXi series, I returned the PSU that I had bought and went with the AXi. MAN I'm glad I did. And in your case, you have a very expensive investment with the two 770's. I would want to pair a big investment like that with an equally capable and high quality power supply. It may be a bit of a hassle to return it, but I promise you that you won't regret it. Before you make up your mind, do a bit of research as I did on the AXi series. Here is a link to it on Corsair's site:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/power-supply-units/ax-series

The one that SR-71 suggested is the only other PSU that I would put in the same category as the AX series by Corsair. Just don't cheat yourself and go with a cheap PSU. So many people view the PSU as a good opportunity to save cash by cutting corners. DON'T. You have a LOT of money tied up in those GPUs. A good quality, stable and reliable PSU should be a MUST. You don't have to spend 200.00, but you do need to invest in a good product. It's just not wise to risk damage to your components just to save a few bucks. If you can't afford one now, your best option BY FAR is to just wait a bit and save some more money before going with a "less than" product.

PB Gaming

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
how about 100$ power supply lol sorry but im not old and i don't work my the system that i build my parents gave me the money and the last think was the power supply i left of with 80$ but not i asked my parents they gave me only 20$ more so if i go over 100$ i have to wait at least 2 months hope you understanding wat im saying thank you

I remember well being young. LOL Sometimes the simplest of things is complicated, but believe me, it beats the HECK out of growing older! :D If I could go back to high school I would do it in a hot minute!

I'm going to send you a private message with a document on PSU's. It lists nearly every major PSU manufacturer and model into 5 separate tiers (or categories). Tier 1 is the best, while tier 5 means that they're garbage. At the beginning it gives a detailed explanation of the characteristics of each tier or category. Look over this well and see where the PSU that you finally decide on is. For a 770 SLI setup, I wouldn't even THINK of going below a tier 3. I will post again in just a few minutes with a good PSU for around 100 dollars that will be good for you. Go ahead an look in your private message box in a couple of minutes and be looking over the document that I'm sending you and I'll be looking for a good PSU for you. :)

This is going to be your best bet for just under 100 dollars:

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-PRO750W-Edition-Bronze-Certified/dp/B0045L4BJ6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1397006038&sr=8-12&keywords=750w+power+supply

I dont' know if this is the same model that SR suggested, but it's a solid unit for the money. If you notice, it has 77 reviews and has a perfect 5 star rating. 77 people can't be wrong. There may be a few idiots in the crowd (there always are LOL), but it's safe to say that this is a good product. I also trust the XFX brand.

Indeed it is! It's "not available" on the newegg site, but see if you can find it on Amazon.

That "PSU Tiers" document is pretty handy isn't it?! :D