Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

new beta driver for gtx 760

Tags:
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
  • Nvidia
Last response: in Graphics Cards
April 8, 2014 5:36:55 PM

how much of a improvement will the new beta driver from nvidia do to the gtx 760? (just curious)

More about : beta driver gtx 760

a b Î Nvidia
April 8, 2014 5:51:02 PM

I have SLI 760's so a little different. What I have seen on the games I have played so far is a slight to nothing bump on Max FPS(3-4) and Min FPS(4-5) and a pretty significant bump(10) on the Avg FPS. Though I wasn't exactly hurting there either. You will have to try it and see what you get.
m
0
l
April 8, 2014 6:07:11 PM

Spectre694 said:
I have SLI 760's so a little different. What I have seen on the games I have played so far is a slight to nothing bump on Max FPS(3-4) and Min FPS(4-5) and a pretty significant bump(10) on the Avg FPS. Though I wasn't exactly hurting there either. You will have to try it and see what you get.


Whats your experience with the 760 sli is it better than getting a 780ti?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
April 8, 2014 7:07:34 PM

shehtazruslan said:
Spectre694 said:
I have SLI 760's so a little different. What I have seen on the games I have played so far is a slight to nothing bump on Max FPS(3-4) and Min FPS(4-5) and a pretty significant bump(10) on the Avg FPS. Though I wasn't exactly hurting there either. You will have to try it and see what you get.


Whats your experience with the 760 sli is it better than getting a 780ti?


Performance and price wise it is right at a 780Ti (two EVGA FTW not the cheapest). I have had absolutely no problems with my games running SLI no stuttering or performance problems. However, the reason I got it was because I got one of the 760's for free as a gift so I just bought the one and SLI'd them.

If I were to buy them I would probably just get the 780Ti so I could SLI that later down the road instead of SLI 760's. Either way is a beast though.
m
0
l
April 8, 2014 8:18:18 PM

Spectre694 said:
shehtazruslan said:
Spectre694 said:
I have SLI 760's so a little different. What I have seen on the games I have played so far is a slight to nothing bump on Max FPS(3-4) and Min FPS(4-5) and a pretty significant bump(10) on the Avg FPS. Though I wasn't exactly hurting there either. You will have to try it and see what you get.


Whats your experience with the 760 sli is it better than getting a 780ti?


Performance and price wise it is right at a 780Ti (two EVGA FTW not the cheapest). I have had absolutely no problems with my games running SLI no stuttering or performance problems. However, the reason I got it was because I got one of the 760's for free as a gift so I just bought the one and SLI'd them.

If I were to buy them I would probably just get the 780Ti so I could SLI that later down the road instead of SLI 760's. Either way is a beast though.


thats a good point the thing is i thought about selling my windforce 760 later and save up some more for a 780ti but I love my card wayyy too much lol.....mainly depends on the price of the 780ti matrix ROG cards are amazing. and BTW what fps do you get in metro last light? I get solid 30-40 but in some cases like once i walked though a cloth and so it started moving and when i looked at it the game lagged like crazy but when I turned away smooth again
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 9, 2014 6:46:57 PM

shehtazruslan said:
Spectre694 said:
shehtazruslan said:
Spectre694 said:
I have SLI 760's so a little different. What I have seen on the games I have played so far is a slight to nothing bump on Max FPS(3-4) and Min FPS(4-5) and a pretty significant bump(10) on the Avg FPS. Though I wasn't exactly hurting there either. You will have to try it and see what you get.


Whats your experience with the 760 sli is it better than getting a 780ti?


Performance and price wise it is right at a 780Ti (two EVGA FTW not the cheapest). I have had absolutely no problems with my games running SLI no stuttering or performance problems. However, the reason I got it was because I got one of the 760's for free as a gift so I just bought the one and SLI'd them.

If I were to buy them I would probably just get the 780Ti so I could SLI that later down the road instead of SLI 760's. Either way is a beast though.


thats a good point the thing is i thought about selling my windforce 760 later and save up some more for a 780ti but I love my card wayyy too much lol.....mainly depends on the price of the 780ti matrix ROG cards are amazing. and BTW what fps do you get in metro last light? I get solid 30-40 but in some cases like once i walked though a cloth and so it started moving and when i looked at it the game lagged like crazy but when I turned away smooth again


Well I went through and played a couple of levels with the beta drivers and this is what I got Min: 62 Avg: 76 Max: 214 (cut scenes) 174 ( gameplay) thats up 3 FPS min and 4 FPS avg

That is with everything tuned as high as it will x16AA 2xSS etc.

Specs:
4770K @ 4.5 GHz
760 FTW SLI
m
0
l
April 9, 2014 8:04:14 PM

wow nice...I got like min:25 avg:31 this game is so demanding...I think the beta drivers were mainly for sli and for single gpu's it just made the frame rates a bit more consistent
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
April 9, 2014 8:36:09 PM

shehtazruslan said:
wow nice...I got like min:25 avg:31 this game is so demanding...I think the beta drivers were mainly for sli and for single gpu's it just made the frame rates a bit more consistent


Haha ya Last light is pretty crazy looks amazing though. I think you are right just seems to have evened everything out quite nicely brought up performance a little too can't really beat that.. Did hurt Tomb Raider (new one) though I've gotten some dips down in the 40 FPS that I didn't have before. That's what I get for using beta drivers though.
Share